Spies Thieves and Revolutionaries

Author:@insertafabuserhere

Genre: Fantasy

No. of chapter read: 4

First Impression: Hmm, haven't read some good fantasy in a while. Hope this delivers.

Cover: Looking good. Reminds me of Robin Hood, so I'm assuming a medieval style Fantasy. Colors and fonts look nifty.

Cover rating: me likey

Blurb: Okay, you have my attention. I'm a sucker for revolutions and upturning the establishment. Damn, you're making it hard for me to find something to be nasty about. I promised I wouldn't be nasty for no good reason now, didn't I?

Blurb rating: me likey some more.

Let's get it on!

Second impression: Tribes! The book has tribes! Aaaaah!

Actual review (drum roll please):

Language: Okay, woman (I'm going to assume you're a woman. Really don't care if you're not), who taught you how to write? It's damn good. Your edited chapters are flawless (okay, maybe not, but nothing was big enough to pull me out of the story). The unedited chapters aren't half bad either. Thank you for not going all Tolkien on me and bombarding me with description.

Language rating: you go, girl! Or guy. Though I'm sticking with girl.

Plot:
Is basic and easy to get. Dinah's part of a Southern tribe, goes to ask the king for help, the king is a major asshat who promises her help but kills her entire tribe instead. So, naturally, Dinah has nothing better to do than to plot to overthrow the king.

Hey, King Asshat, that's what happens when you make sure a person has nothing to lose.

On her travel, Dinah meets exotic, mysterious assasin Walter who she befriends and they're going off on an epic journey to find Aragorn, son of Arathorn. Actually, the potential real heir to the throne. See how I got a little confused there...

Plot rating: take me on an epic journey!

Characters:

Dinah: I like how she's so normal. Not the badass ultra female heroine we see lately who has some stupid flaw like being too pretty or something, but not a bubling idiot who just waits for things to happen to her either. She feels like a real person. And I'm actually glad she has a name I can pronounce. Like her.

Walter: is freaky and mysterious not because he's oh so unapproachable, but because he does stuff that he shouldn't exactly be able to while seeming a normal guy. He apparently doesn't want to overturn King Asshat, but I have a feeling he'll change his mind. Extra points for awesome dagger action and for getting freaked out by a haircut.

King Asshat: is an asshat. Nuff said.

Other characters: are dead so far, so yeah, I got nothing, yet.

Character rating: awesomesauce

Why I stopped reading: Because this is a waste of my time. The book is very good, I really enjoyed it, so why should I try to find somethings to trash?

Grade: Pass in a blaze of glory. Congrats! You may add the [I sruvived the most BRUTAL review] to your blurb. Read swap? Enjoy your epic song.