The girl in the hat part three

"I'm sorry." I said hanging my head low.

"Well now you know why I'm such a bitch, now get out." She said raising her voice to a shout. I didn't move I was more shocked at what she told me. She's seen her family get killed in front of her face and then she had to kill her father, I felt for her. "GET OUT."  she screamed this time making me jump and step backwards knock the vase behind me. It rattled on the self behind me and began to fall and it did.  She looked to me with shock and she then fell to her knees crying. Her face softened and tears brimmed at her eyes. Nice one Carl I thought to myself. I bent down to her and held my hand out to her. "GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT." She screamed at me. I fell backwards and got to my feet. She grabbed at her hair on her head and pulled her knees to her chest. 

Later that day my Dad and Daryl had come back. They had found nothing, not even a rabbit from Daryl and so Mia said that she would go out and get something, we didn't really agree to it she just went out so I decided to follow her and she doesn't really know. I walked through the woods being careful of my surroundings, missing sticks in the leave covered ground, but sticking had on trail. She began to walk slower and more aware. She raised her gun closing one eye, stood shoulder width apart. He deep, dark brown hair waved in her face from the small breeze tangling together. She breathed out heavily before shooting. The bullet flew through the end ending with an impact. Something hit the ground with a large thump. She held her gun to her side and walked towards where the bullet went. I followed. Stupidly I was more concerned on what she'd caught then where I was stepping making Mia turn around holding her gun at the ready. "Come out, I can hear you." She said her breathing becoming more heavier. "Don't shot it's me." I said walking out to face her gun yet again. "What the hell are you following me for?" She asked gripping her gun tighter.

"I couldn't let you go by yourself." I said defending myself.

"What do you think I've been doing all these years?" She said. I was stumbled for words. "Well since your here you can help me take this back to the house." she said pointing towards the deer she'd just shot.  "You shot a deer." I said thinking of Daryl.

"Well we'll have to eat some how and your Dad and his friend didn't find anything useful." she said tucking her gun back into her holster. She stood behind by the deer and bent down to grab it's front legs. "Well are you going to help me or wait for the flies to land in your open mouth." she said smirking a bit. I didn't say anything I just walked towards the deer and helped pull it towards the house.

We'd been pulling the dam deer for ever and my hands began slipping. "Stop slacking." she said to me turning to see my face. She had dirt smudged across her elegant, pale cheek bones. "Fine." She said letting go of the deer in the front. "Can't keep up can you." she laughed. she bit her lip and turned back to the deer. Mt attention wasn't on her anymore as I could hear voices "Mia!" I whispered

"What?" she said turning to face me again.

"Come here quick." I said now seeing a group of fully armed men heading towards us, but luckily they hadn't seen us yet. "No stop messing-"  before she could finish her sentence I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her behind a tree putting my head over her mouth. My body was pressed on hers against a tree. She tried to wriggle from my grasp, but I held her tighter. Then she stopped moving as she noticed what I did before. 

There were about ten of them all heavily armed and wearing leather jackets. They walked right past us until the stopped. "Claimed." The one guy said looking at our deer.

"Dam it Ed." Another said. He was skinnier than the rest and her wore a red bandana across his head and had a rifle in his left hand. "Fellers I think we can share this one." A man with white hair said.

"What about the rules." The man who claimed the deer said.

"I make the rules remember." He said walking closer into in the mans face. I looked towards Mia who I still had my hand over her mouth, I let her go, but she didn't move. I moved my body from hers. I looked to the men again. "We'll set up camp here boys, check the perimeter." The white haired man said. I looked at Mia as did she with a tint of worry in her eyes. "What are we going to do?" she asked me.

"I don't know if we move they'll hear us and if we go they'll see us because the house is that way." I said whispering. I looked over at the men once again seeing them spread out. "Shit." I said looking back to Mia. "Carl what's wrong?" she asked. I shook my head.

"There's about five of them coming our way, don't make a sound." I said pressing my body to hers once again. "Like it close do you Grimes?" She said making me breath out a laugh. Our hats touching the rims of the each others and our foreheads close. I looked to the side again seeing them come closer. I gestured to Mia to be quiet. There was about three men on the other side of the tree. They held their guns up near their faces. "don't move they're right there." I said quietly. Mia nodded her head and turned her head to the side. Her hair fell on her chest and covering half her face.

The men were getting closer and closer, until suddenly I had a gun poked into my side. "MOVE!!" One of the shouted grabbing attention to the rest of their group. "Move or I shoot you and your girlfriend now." he said prodding me with the gun. I moved away from Mia and the tree. "Claimed." The man the other side of me said, grabbing Mia's forearm. "You can't claim me you son of a bitch." she said getting from his grip. "I claim anything I wont and I wont you." he said grabbing her once again this time around the waist. Mia screamed and punched at the man trying to get away. "Put her down!" I shouted not daring to move since I had a gun in my back. "I claimed her I can do what ever the hell I wont with her." The man who had Mia said. He held her around her waist and held her head with his right hand close to him. "Let me go you bitch." Mia shouted wriggling more.

"You little whore." The man said pushing her to the ground and climbing on top of her. He pinned her hands above her head. "Nice hat." He said to her leaning down towards her face more. I moved my hand closer to my holster where my gun was at. "I said let her go." I shouted.

"Listen here boy we have rules, we have guide lines and we like to stick to them, so stay still while I shoot you." The man behind me said. That was it I had, had enough I couldn't watch Mia go through what was about to happen  and I'm not going to die now. I reached for my gun shooting the guy behind me in the face. His blood splattered on my face I then aimed for the man who had Mia hitting him in the side of the head. He landed limp on Mia. She then pushed him of taking his gun from his holster. She stood up shooting the others. Then we finally came to the final man, it was the white haired man he was the leader. "You don't need to kill me." He said holding his hands up. "I did nothing wrong." He said.

"You did nothing wrong that's bullshit you let your friend do what the fuck he liked with me I think there's a lot of wrong there." Mia snapped walking closer to him, pointing the gun to his head. "Wow there girly I wouldn't have been able to stop him he'd claimed you. " He said shrugging his shoulders. Mia just stared at him with pure hatred. "That's no excuse." she said. I then noticed him holding a small knife in his left hand ready to stab her, he moved it closer near he ribs.

 "Mia!!!" I shouted raising my gun and shooting the bastard. She shrieked in terror. "Carl that was so close to my head." she said looking to me. Sweat dripped from her forehead and her hair stuck to her face. "He had a knife in his hand I couldn't let you die." I said walking towards her. She walked closer to me." I don't care that you killed him I care that you ok." she said looking embarrassed. She walked a little closer to me, she bit her lip. Our bodies now touching as they did before, she looked up to me. I lifted my hand to her face and cupped the one cheek in my hand. "Thank you." She breathed, then our lips touched. I didn't pull back even though she was the reason we nearly got killed today. I think I like her, no I love her.