Letter

A/N: Just seen that I am 1st out of 55 stories for the Carnid ranking, I know that it might not seem like a great achievement, but I know its an achievement. Thank you for reading my short stories up until now and even if you have just started reading them. xxH

The envolpe was crumpled, browning at the sides even. I never wanted his last words to be down on paper, but at least I can keep them forever. His death is something I can never forget, just like his blue eyes, the small freckles on the bridge of his nose and his hieght which annoyingly he liked to rub in my face since I was so short. I covered my mouth to hold back my small chuckle. He always knew what would annoy me.

Flash-back:

"Give it back, I found it first!" I laughed jumping up and trying to reach the small can of peaches he had in his hand way above his head and out of my reach. "It's not my fault you're so short." He laughed leaning backwards, as my body hit his a couple times. "Shut up!" I giggled. "You don't play fair." I laughed, but stopped jumping. I turned around and sat on an old tree stump behind us. I rested my elbows on my knees and my chin inside the palm of my hands. "Oi, don't pout shortie." He said, croaching down and looking up at me for once.

"I might be short-"

"But short things come in cute packages." He smiled up at me

"Shut up, you're such a cringe." I said, pushing him backwards along with the peaches that rolled over the floor behind him. I stood up quickly enough to pick them up and open the can before he could get to his feet. I picked out a peach segment with my thumb and finger placing it into my mouth. "I win!" I smiled with my cheeks full.

"Looks like you did shortie."

Flash-back over:

I felt the paper between my hands, stroking the front with my thumbs. I turned the envolpe around so the opening was facing me. I pulled my knife from my belt and ran it through the top of the paper. I gripped the letter between my hands and pulled it from its pouch. The envolpe, I placed it on the coffee table beside me. Breathing in then out I unfolded the letter.

Dear, Annie

Before I met you, all my days were spent in silent contemplation of what was lacking in my life and why true happiness seemed to elude me. The moment you had told me that you'd fell in love with me, all my doubts and resavations were lifted and I knew for a fact that I had found what I had been lacking all along. Your love made me realise what was the best thing life had to offer and with that knowladge I knew that my life was complete. I love you with all my heart and still do. If you're reading this I will always be right next to you whereever you go.

Love Carl