Cheer her up

Carl's POV:

I hear her drowning in my own tears, she had just lost her brother to that, that monster. He ex boyfriend shot him. She stuck up for herself and she said to me something bad would happen and she was right. I feel that some of it was my fault. If I hadn't told her to stuck up for herself then her brother wouldn't have faced the consequences. I put my ear to the door listening to her soft sobs. I sighed and knocked on the door twice. "Kally?" I called. "Can I come in?" I asked placing my hand on the door knob. She didn't answer. "Kally, I'm coming in." I said to her pushing the door open. 

I walked in the door and looked around the room. I didn't see her until I looked to the side of the bed. She sat down against the bed and cradled herself hugging her knees. He hair cascaded around her hair like curtains for a theatre show. "Kally? Baby you shouldn't be like this." I said sitting down beside her. She didn't move.  "I hate seeing you like this." I said putting my arm around her shoulder. She made a small hiccup as she leaned into my chest. "I don't want you to cry. Please Kally look at me." I said. She lifted her head off my chest and moved her hair away from her face. She looked at me with her red and puffy eyes. Her cheeks were red and sticky with salty tears. "What do you want me to be?... happy? because I wont be happy until the man who shot my brother is in the ground." She said wiping her hands over her eyes. "Kally, you shouldn't think like that, think that your brother is with your mother and father and that he is in a safer place and that he'll always look after you from above." I said, my mind also went back to my mother death and now all the people we have lost and they are up there together safe and sound. I let a small tear sail down my cheek, but wiped it away before Kally saw it. "Carl I love you." She said. I pulled her chin up and rubbed my thumb over her lips.

"And it's ok to cry Carl." She whispered. I laughed at her knowing she saw my tears. 

"I love you too." I said pulled her face into mine and kissed her lovingly. Our lips touched making my feel warmer. We pulled away and I let her snuggle into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her tightly keeping her safe, keep her with me. I kissed the top of her head and rested my chin on her letting my eyes doze into a deep sleep.