Twists

A/N:
This imagine was requested by: Aurora2253. Thank you for the request I hope this becomes what you wanted it to be. If anyone else would like to make a request I am more than happy to write one. Just message me and pass on some idea of what you'd like it to be about. Comment, vote, read and follow.

The smell of cold morning air filled my nostrails as I step outside. Today was the day. I wanted to be as calm as possible, I couldn't lose it. I felt the cold air hit my face and I walked down my portch steps. I remember Carl talking to me last night. "Aurora you can't, I don't want you getting hurt, please just stay here." His soft caring words were scattered around my brain. I wanted to go, I needed to go.

I stood on the end step, my eyes following the bodies of the people I love get into the  van. Their looks all different. Worry, hate and sorrow. They knew it was dangours and thats why Carl wouldn't let me go. Soon I felt a pair of soft hands wrap themselves around my waist. I smiled tilting my head back to be met with a friendly face. "Morning." He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spaine. He pushed his neck around my small shoulder and breathed his hot breath by my ear. I reached down to his hands a rubbed them with my thumbs. "Do you have to go?" I asked in a whisper. He pulled his head away from me and let go of my waist. He gave a little sigh before speaking. I turned around giving him a worrying look. He reached out to touch my face, tucking a stand of my hair behind my ear. "Aurora, you know I have to, it's complicated. I just need you to stay safe, thats all I care about right now." His eye showed his concern as he spoke. It were as if a blue light shone, giving off the dark moonlite skies and the light pool of the mediterian seas. Gazing to him made me melt. "I know, but I want you to stay safe too. What if something happens? What the hell am I supposed to do?" He huffed at my respose. "Aurora, please for me just stay here and-"
"Carl!? Are you coming we need to go?" He looked at me with sorry eyes.
"Stay safe I love you." He kissed me gently on the lips, giving me enough time to melt for him once again. He pulled away. "I love you too." And with that he was gone.

I started to get worried as the time went by. They were worrying me. They left quite a-while ago. The stubben mare I was I decided to go. Bad idea probably, but what have I got to lose. I can't, I won't be able to deal with myself if Carl gets hurt or anyone for that matter. I took a bag a couple of essentails with me.

Night was looming and I was already quite far from Alexandria. I walked the road. I followed some tire tracks hoping it was theirs, but it was a shot in the dark. I had only a little knowladge of where  the hilltop was. Suddenly, I heard the slight ruffle of leaves, I pulled out my weapon. The noise became louder to in synch to be a walker. "Come out!"
"Don't shoot Aurora, it's me." I reconginsed that voice. I lowed my gun. "Ben, what the hell are you doing here?!" I said. He looked at me
"Following you ovbiously." I shook my head, but I couldn't be mad at him he was my best friend. I hugged him letting out all my worry. "Oh Ben, we need to find them, we need to."

It was the dead of night, Ben and I walked the forest floor. Suddenly, whistling filled our ears. Ben tugged me into the nearest bush. We hid and soon many men trudged through and past us. I looked to Ben with worry. They all walked into a clearing. Thats when I saw it, it was them. "Carl?" I whispered. "Aurora, stay calm." Ben reasurred me. I looked closer as the knelt in front of someone. All I watched was Carl.

Soon the night went on, I didn't want to watch anymore. I picked up my gun and began to reload it. "Aurora are you stupid?!" Ben exclaimed silently. "If we get caught well be in trouble too."
"They can't see us and it'll soon be too late." I said, I was beginning to feel pretty calm. I lifted my gun over the bushes head and aimed. I breathed in and out, locking on my target. I clicked the saftey off and opened both eyes. I had the man in shot. I pulled ever so gently on the clip.

BANG

Something fell, someone fell. Voices soon talked. Some of the men scattered ad left. Some didn't know what to do. I soon began to shoot, Ben joined in.

Then black

My eyes shot open. I was in a room, my room. I was on the floor next to the bed. I heard shuffleing of the covers. "Aurora, are you okay?" I looked up seeing him. "Carl?" I questionned knitting my eye brows together. "Did you have the dream again?" He asked me helping me back onto the bed. It happened again, the same dream, well not a dream, but something of realtiy. It did happen, but I was re-living it.
I got back under the covers and was wrapped in his arms. I felt safe again. "Yeah, it gets worse and worse each time." I could feel his steady heart beat as my head reasted on his chest. He kissed my head, letting me look up. I see his blue eye again calm and comforting. "Just stay with me and never leave."
"Never."