Bad to Sad to Glad

"Dad where are you going?" I pleaded trying to be get free.

"To fight, if you stay here you wont get hurt." He said. I pulled at the hand cuffs that chained me to the radiator. "Dad what happens if you don't come back?" I said.

"I will." He promised, walking over to his desk with the key and putting it on his desk and with that he walked out.

"Dad, DAD!!!" I yelled. He knew me well, hand cuffing me to the radiator was to stop me from following him, but that wasn't so good for me. I sat there for hours on end listening to the open fire outside. I heard shouting and yelling and screams of pain. Soon the gun fire died down, nothing was heard until someone entered the room. I looked up seeing a man. He had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. His clothes were raged and spoiled. "Look what we have here." He said walking closer to me. I pulled and pulled at the hand cuffs, but they didn't budge. I started breathing fast and my eyes were opening wider scared of what could happen. "Don't make this harder for yourself." the man said gripping onto my shoulders. Before he could go any further. BANG. He fell on top of me. I kicked him away with my legs. I looked up to the smoking barrel of a gun, hoping to be my Dad, but it wasn't. I looked to the shooter scared not knowing who he was. "It's ok I ain't going to hurt you." The shooter said. It was a boy. He had brown shaggy hair that rested on his shoulders, a pale skin with dirt and grub covering his face. He had blue ocean coloured eyes that starred kindly at me and finally perched on top of his head was a hat, a sheriffs hat. Its was a dark brown in colour and had two twisted metal golden rods around the bulge of the hat.

I shuffled backwards still unsure. "Are you ok?" He asked me kneeling down to my level. I didn't say anything, but just nodded.  He smiled to me and then frowned looking to the hand cuffs. "I think we are going to have to get them off first." He said pointing to them. I opened my mouth, but didn't say anything. What if he's a bad person? He's in my town and I know he's not from around here.

On the other hand I did want to go find my Dad. "There's a key...on my Dad's desk." I said. He looked to me strangely and then got up walking to the desk. "Why would your Dad chain you to a radiator?" He asked picking up the key. "He was trying to stop me from going after him and getting myself killed." I said a this boy walked over to me with the key. He went behind my back and unlocked them. I sat there looking into his eyes. Then I noticed his gun in his holster. I pushed myself away from him and grabbed his gun. I pointed at him. "I'm sorry, but I have to find him, thank you for letting me free." I said moving backwards. He looked just as scared as I was. I turned the corner and went out into the open in search for my Dad.

I could hear shuffling of feet behind me. "Hey?!" someone called, it was the boy. I ran faster and towards the gates of the town, then I stopped dead in my tracks. I looked down seeing my Dad. Face down in the gravel. "Hey give me my gun back!" the boy yelled as he reached me. He pulled at my shoulder showing him my tear filled face. His touch softened. "He's dead." I cried. I squeezed my eyes closed. "He's dead!" I shouted. I lifted his gun and pointed it towards him.  "Your not from here, your group killed my Dad, you killed him!!" I said pushing the barrel into his head.

"I didn't kill him, he killed himself, he came out here and anyway your group killed one of my people, an eye for an eye." He said.

"Any last words." I said clicking the safety off. He face became worried.

"Walker!" He said. I looked to him strangely. "behind you." he said.

"I not falling for that." I said. Then something grabbed me from behind. The boy pulled me to behind him and stabbed the walker in the head. I stumbled backwards onto the floor. I looked up seeing the boy stand in front of me. Tears still stained my face after seeing my dead Dad. The boy held out a hand for me. I looked to him again. I took it feeling his warmth on me. He pulled me up towards him. Our faces quite close, making us blush a rosy red. I felt something, something nice.