Remind me, was it like this

A/N: Don't normally like writing authors notes at the beginning, but this a need to read note. This part/chapter/update is when Carl is much older probably around the age of eighteen. Thanks for voting and commenting on my other updates. H xx

There's not many of us left, we have to work with what we're given and if that seems nothing then we work with it. We are a strong group, even though we have lost some people on the way, but that's the way it is and you just have to keep going. I'm going to take my Dad's place and do what he always did, kept our family safe.

It's been 3 years since My Dad died and 3 years I've been helping look over Alexandria. Some people left and some died. I haven't seen a walker or one of Negan's men for a while and I haven't been outside the walls since.... well you know. "Carl?" I turned to see Enid. Her hair dangled over one shoulder and her eyes bright. She was small and slim. She wore blue skinny jeans, a white vest top with a blue and red flannel over the top and her black walking boots. "Yeah." I answered. "I'm going outside the walls." She said.

"I thought you said you didn't want to go out there again."

"I don't, but I want you to come with me Carl, you haven't been out since....since." She stopped looking at me with her sad beautiful eyes. I knew what she was taking about and I knew she didn't want to hurt my feelings. "You know I can't, I have to stay and look out for people Enid." I told her. "Carl, please just this one time please, you need to come out. I can probably shoot better than you now." She commented, giving a slight chuckle to her last words. I laughed and soon sighed. "Fine, but just for a couple of minutes." She gave me a warming to the soul smile, showing me her teeth.

I walked with Enid through the forest, listening the the leaves crunch beneath our feet. "If you just brought me out here to walk I'm not going to be happy." I joked.

"No, I found something the other day." She said, quickening her pace through the dead leaves and pulling at my hand. Her skin was warm, which sent tingles through my body. I haven't been alone with Enid for a while and bringing back old feelings is definitely happening right now. "How much further do I have to walk." I whined.

"If you can't walk for a little while, I seriously worry about you when you run into some walkers." We both laughed. Soon we stopped and she stood in front of me. "This is what you wanted to show me and old log." I said.

"Carl, you can't be serious that you don't remember. We used to come out here all the time and read comics." She smiled. I do remember all of it actually I just didn't want to seem clingy and like well you know. I remember every single bit, all that we talked about, all that we did including the tree when I tried to kiss her. "Why don't you tell me what else we did, remind me." I smirked. She smiled as if she knew something would surprise me, as if she had something up her sleeve. She walked towards me and then straight past me. "Do you remember the tree?" She asked showing me her tinted red cheeks. "Yes, you got scared and hid in the tree."

"Like this?" She said, stepping into the tree.

"Yes."

"Then you followed me." she smiled.

"Like this." I copied, also stepping into the tree. I was close to her again. I could feel her breaths on me. They were warm and long, like she didn't fell the nerves that I did. "And then what happen?" I asked. She didn't answer, she just looked to me. Her pupils dilated and her breaths became shaky. "I tried to-"

"Kiss me" Enid cut me off, I wasn't sure if she was finishing my sentence or asking me to kiss her. I didn't stop having feelings for her after that day and I still had feelings for her now and God was giving me a second chance and like I said we have to deal with what we are given. I leaned in closing my eyes and watching her close hers gently too. I brought my hand up to touch her warming cheek. I touched my lips with her, they were wet and plump. I soon felt her hand at the back of my neck, just touching the end of my brown locks. My breath was loud soon turning into a moan. I felt her lips turn up into a smile and then into a laugh. We pulled away resting our foreheads on each other. I breathed out heavily and watched her bite her lip. "Do you remember now?" She whispered, letting me listen to her sweet chuckle.

"Definitely."