Realisation

Carl's POV:

Walking down the steps of the walker surrounded house, I followed Angie into one of the rooms. Her hair was cascading around her shoulders as she leant against the bench. "Angie?" I called out. "Hey, you'll right?" I asked stepping into the room and closing the door behind me. Her breathing was deep and scared "Ryan's dead, we're all dead." she said not even facing me. I hear her sigh. "Look my Dad's going to figure something out, he always does-"

"That's ballshit!" She snapped turning around to face me. "Your Dad's just going to get more people killed,..Cause that's what he does,...That's who he is,....Your Dad's a killer." She said her tone still spiteful. I looked down to her deep brown eyes. "So was yours." I said calmly trying to keep the situation cool. She looked back to me with a worried look, a look as if she had realised that all the stuff she's done was a big mistake. "We need to work this out-"

"I'm dead Carl." She said her voice sounding off. I looked away from her, feeling quite sorry for her. "My Mom is dead, My Brother is."

"No there not." I told her. She walked past me, brushing her shoulders against my arm and going towards the door. "We're gonna make it." I said turning to face her back. Then her voice became determined. "You're dead, you're dead too." She said, locking the door. I didn't really understand what she was going to do, but then she pulled out the gun my Dad gave her. My eyes grew with fear and realisation of my situation. I ran towards her trying to pry the gun from her hands, pushing her up against the door with my body. The barrel of the gun came close to my temple. she yelled, pushing me off of her and both of us landing to the ground. Adrenaline ran through me as I got up quickly noticing my hat had fallen off of my head. Tools had fallen in Angie's path. She picked up a shovel and ran at me, luckily I ducked letting the end of the shovel smash the window.  

Growls of walkers were becoming louder as they got closer to the house. I soon could hear my Dad and Angie's Mom shouting our names through the locked door. Angie ran for me again pushing the shovels handle to my neck with her strength. My Dad was shouting. "Carl open the door." and Angie's Mom.

"Angie open the door right now!"

I pushed her off of me and her back hit the floor. Hearing her wince, I rushed out of a walkers reach just in time. She didn't move, her eyes didn't move. She was in shock.  I tried barricading the door with the shelves. "Please Angie come on." I said to her snapping her out of it. She picked up the gun that must of dropped out of her clasp and ran towards the door. Soon My Dad had unlocked the door and was shouting for us. I left the walkers to follow me and picked up my hat running to safety. The walkers banged on the door as we pushed against the door with our bodies and our strength, trying our best not to let them in. My Dad and Gabriel started barricading the door with the sofa. My Dad looked to Michonne and instructed her on what to do. "We need more, but need to be quiet." She nodded and did what she was told.

I looked to my Dad. "What happened in there?" He asked.

"We were looking for tools, but found nothing." I lied

"We heard grunting." Jessie said.

"Yeah Angie saw them break through the gates so we had to move." I lied again. Angie walked up to me and spoke, but I couldn't really hear what she said until Jessie spoke. "It sounded like you were fighting." She said.

"Yeah we were fighting them." She spat and walked off to another room.

"Carl is everything okay?" I Dad asked worried. I nodded.

"Yeah." I answered, following in Angie's footsteps.

Her breathing was deep and scared, but I had to take the gun off of her. "Look I-" She began , but I cut her off. I lifted my gun and pointed it to her. "Give me gun, grip first." I demanded.

He eyes filled with fear as she looked down the barrel of my gun. "Carl, I'm sorry."

"Yeah I know!" I snapped loudly at her. "Now give me the gun!" She held it in her hands looking down at it and then soon passed it to me. I  grabbed it off of her violently, showing her that I was in charge. "Look Angie I get it, my Dad killed you Dad, but you need to know something.  Your Dad was an asshole." I said staring at her, her eyes became angry and she soon collapsed to the floor. Her breathing was jiggered and she began to weep.  "I know." She cried. "I know, he did things, I know he did bad things."

I crouched down to her level. "To my Mom, to Sam..... to me." She looked up to me, her eyes filled with water. Then I thought maybe Angie was like this because of her Dad, maybe something or someone had cause her this much hurt and now that her Dad is dead she had all the right to let out her sadness and rage of what had happed or what had been happening. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She cried. I placed a hand upon her shoulder for comfort. Then she said something that made me feel, feel for her and her family. "I happy he's dead ,I'm happy it's all over."

I soon wrapped my arms around her and brought her into a hug, letting her weep onto my shoulder. "Thank you." She whispered. I rubbed her back soothingly.

"You can't go around killing people Angie, you need to control yourself and I know it's hard losing someone, but you can't blame someone else and you can't blame yourself, but only the world has to be answered for what happens now and that's all we can do is wonder." I said to her. She pulled away looking to me and I looked at her brown coloured eyes. Water had stained her cheeks. We seemed very close to each other. My breathing hitched as hers did too. I looked to her lips, they were plump from weeping and her cheeks were red. The space between us seemed no existent. I bent my head down to kiss her, but she pulled away. "I'm sorry." I spoke letting ago of her. "It's fine, just not here, not like this, not when I could die tomorrow." She spoke.    

A/N:

Tell me what you think and what else I could write about for my next update. Thanks for the reads and votes. xx H