Chapter 2: Simple Message

A week went by and I never heard from Daryl again. He probably didn't want to talk. Me being me, I had to send him another message before I went to work.

Good morning, Daryl! How are you? - Ally

During my lunch break when I checked my messages he replied.

Hey. I'm fine. You? - Daryl

Pretty good! Thanks for asking! - Ally

Sometimes I felt like I came off as too persistent online. I was constantly finding ways to keep talking to someone. Never before had I went a week without talking to a person. Usually, we talked for a few days and we'd meet up, then that would be it because I didn't want to see them again. But Daryl didn't seem interested at all, and that only made me want to talk to him more. I wanted to learn about him and see what he liked.

While I was making dinner for myself, my phone started to ring, I quickly grabbed it and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ally! It's Shane." I rolled my eyes. Shane was a date I had about a month ago. He was alright, but he always tried pushing himself on me and wasn't very sweet.

"Oh, hey!" I tried to hide the sadness in my voice that it was him.

"Are you doing anything tonight? I'd love to go out again." I looked at the clock and it was six thirty. It was kinda late and I didn't want to go out with Shane. He gave me a weird feeling when we were alone, and I didn't want to chance anything bad happening.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I have... Things to do." I quickly made up and excuse and I'm pretty sure he knew I was lying.

"Okay, well maybe next time?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said and hung up the phone before he could start talking again.

I went back to making dinner and set the table for myself. I ate in silence, not even music playing in the background. I was starting to think that I'd never find love. I couldn't find the perfect, sweet, guy that was just for me. And I even made exceptions to some guys just because I really wanted to have the feeling of being in a relationship. I've always been told to not rush it, and I'm not, it's just I want the right one for me.

My computer dinged, letting me know I had a message. I groaned and reached for it, surprised to see it was Daryl. Maybe he did want to talk more.

Have a good day at work? - Daryl

I did! Thanks. Did you? - Ally

It was slow today. - Daryl

I have days like that. - Ally

Yeah. Glad I can kick back and relax now that the day is over. - Daryl

Me too. - Ally

Daryl and I talked for about hour learning random things about each other. Daryl liked to hunt and fish, he enjoyed the woods, and loved country and rock music. I told Daryl some more about me, and how I loved music too, that I enjoyed spending time with kids, and that I can cook well too.

I didn't ever want to stop talking to him, mostly because there was no pressure about sex, or a date. It was just friends, two people engaging in casual conversation.

Around eleven that night, I had to sign off and go to sleep. I was an hour behind Daryl since I lived in Nebraska and he was in Georgia. Daryl told me goodnight, and promised we would talk in the morning. I couldn't wait for tomorrow to get here.

~

The next morning when I woke up I had a message from none other than Daryl_Dixon31. I opened it with glee and squealed.

Morning, Ally! Have a good day at work. - Daryl

Morning, Daryl! Thanks! You too. - Ally

My day at work was a delightful one, I thought about Daryl all day long, trying to picture what he looked like. He was from Georgia, so I figured he was tan. He was country like, so maybe a buzz cut. I pictured a guy in cowboy boots with light blue jeans, and a flannel shirt.

I didn't want to get my hopes up too high because he may not be like that at all, and I didn't want to disappoint myself. Looks are not everything to me, but I feel like I have to find a man attractive in some way or it just won't work. It's been a long time since I actually found a guy that was really good looking. And usually with looks comes cockiness. He was a major jerk too, and I'm glad it didn't last too long.

I checked my profile when I got home and had three unread messages, all from Daryl.

Thanks. - Daryl

Just wanted to say I think you're really pretty. - Daryl

Sorry, that was weird. - Daryl

I blushed and tried my best not to laugh. Daryl was sweet, and I'm glad he found me pretty.

Awe! Thank you, Daryl! And it wasn't weird at all! I enjoyed the compliment. - Ally

He wrote me back instantly, which led me to think he was waiting on my message.

Yeah. You're welcome. Have a good day at work? - Daryl

I did, thanks! Did you? - Ally

Nah, boring. - Daryl

Aw, that sucks. Maybe tomorrow will be better. :) - Ally

It'll be a cold day in hell when work isn't boring. - Daryl

Never heard that saying before! Haha! - Ally

Lol. - Daryl

I fell asleep with my laptop beside me that night. I couldn't put it down to go to bed because I wanted to keep talking to Daryl.

When I woke up a simple message was in my inbox.

Night angel. - Daryl

******
🌸Comment & Vote

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥