Chapter 25: Left Behind

I was sitting on a rock next to the quarry washing clothes for Daddy and I. Merle was helping out a little bit too, but that's only because there is a run happening in a week or two and I want to go, so Merle said he would help me convince Daddy as to why I should go.

"Little brother... She'll be safe with me. Ya' know that, right?" Merle asked Daddy. "She ain't goin'." Daddy said once again, a little annoyed about the topic. So far Merle couldn't convince Daddy to let me go. "Please!" I begged him. "No, Ally. Yer' not goin'." Daddy picked up a basket of wet clothes and walked back towards camp.

Merle turned around and shrugged his shoulders. "I tried." I shook my head and grabbed the other basket before following Daddy. When I got to our tent Daddy was hanging up clothes on a line outside for the clothes to dry. "Why can't I go?" I decided that asking him myself would be better than Merle doing it for me. "Because I said so. It's too dangerous."

"But I wanna go. I can get supplies for us like clothes and I wanna find some new coloring books." I stomped my foot and pouted. "Ally-Cat, I said no. So stop asking." I huffed and sat down on a bucket that was next to the tent. If Daddy wasn't gonna let me go then I'd be here all by myself and I didn't want to be alone.

The next couple of days went by and I didn't talk about going on the run into the city with Merle to anyone, not even Daddy. Daddy was going on a hunt the morning of the run and I finally thought of a plan that would allow me to go on the run. I would go on the run after Daddy left for his hunt, then we would all make it back before he came home and he wouldn't even know that I left. That's if everyone kept their mouths shut about it.

Merle, Daddy and I also planned to leave after the run. Something about taking what belongs to us and leaving. Of course I would be going along with what they wanted and thought was right, but in the end I just wanted to stay safe with Daddy.

~

It was the morning of the run and Daddy woke me up early to tell me goodbye before he left. "I'm gonna miss ya' so much sweet pea." Daddy whispered in my ear and kissed my neck as he wrapped an arm around my naked waist. The sheets were my only protection right now from him and I giggled as I felt his hand travel lower between my legs. I grabbed his hand and stopped him. "When you get back." I said. Daddy agreed and kissed all over my face and hugged me tightly as he pulled me up to straddle his lap. "I'm gonna miss you!" I told him and ran my fingers through his messy hair. "I love you, Daddy." I gave him a smooch on the lips before standing up to get dressed for my secret run that I was joining.

We ate breakfast around the fire before Daddy stood up to leave. He kept kissing me over and over again and I honestly didn't want him to leave anymore that way we could spend the day together. "Enough with the kissin', get yer' ass movin' baby bro." Merle said from behind me. Daddy rolled his eyes at Merle.

"I love ya'," Daddy said quietly before walking off into the woods with his crossbow. "Ready to go?" Merle asked me. "Mhm. Ready." I said. The only reason I said I was ready was because I needed to convince myself that I actually was ready for this run. "She's going with us?" The Asian boy, Glenn, spoke up.

"Yeah, gotta problem with it chinaman?" Merle asked. Glenn shook his head no, since he was afraid of Merle and stuttered, "I-I- just don't wanna upset Daryl... And all... He's okay with this?" I never lie to people because I'm bad at it, so I just nodded my head and thanked God that Glenn believed me.

We got into the car and drove to downtown Atlanta. I haven't been away from camp in weeks and the world seemed so different since I last saw it. The sky was still the same pretty blue, but on the ground was rotting, dead monsters that tried to hurt us. The last time I saw a geek up close was when one attacked me before Daddy and I settled in this small camp. I prayed that Merle would help me if something bad happened again. I'm still not ready to fight by myself and I don't think I ever will be. I'm not the fighting type.