Chapter 26: Rage

3rd Person POV

Ally sat behind that dumpster for most of the day unaware of what was happening back at camp. Rick Grimes and the rest of the group arrived back at home safely with the exception of Ally and Merle. Daryl hadn't arrived back yet, and wouldn't be until tomorrow morning. Rick wasn't sure who Ally and Merle were to Daryl, he never bothered to ask because he was so caught up with the reappearance of his family.

"Merle is his brother, and Ally is Daryl's wife." Glenn told Rick. "Girlfriend..." Shane muttered under his breath and didn't do a very good job at trying to hide it. Rick took this into account and remembered what he felt when he knew Lori and Carl were gone, disoriented. Now Daryl was going to feel the same thing until they went back into the city to get them. Rick couldn't leave Ally and Merle up there alone knowing that he cuffed Merle and that Ally had no choice but to stay with him.

~

Rick didn't want to wake up the next day. He knew what he would have to tell Daryl and wasn't sure how he would take it. If Daryl was anything like Merle, then Rick assumed he would be violent and enraged.

The scream off in the woods alerted them and before Rick had a chance to go find out the problem a man with a crossbow and squirrels was charging at him, yelling profanities and throwing things. "Ya' sum bitch!" Daryl tackled Rick to the ground and punched him once in the jaw. Rick never got a shot at Daryl because Shane had pulled Daryl off Rick.

"Ya' left her there! Ya' sun of a bitch! That's my girl!" Daryl screamed. "Listen. Calm down!" Rick said sternly as he got back to his feet. "The door is chained shut, none of the walkers can get to her. We're going back to get both of them today." Daryl didn't care who died in the process as long as he got Ally and Merle back. Those were the only two people he cared about in this world and if one of them was hurt or gone, then it was Rick's fault and Daryl would put an arrow through his head. "Let's go!" Daryl screamed. "Gotta get my woman! And my brother, since y'all don't know shit 'bout protecting people! Who the fuck said she could go anyways?" Daryl was on the verge of crying, but never showed any tears.

The group looked around at each other wondering who let Ally go. Merle said that Ally could go, but Glenn was the one who agreed to letting her go. "Merle said it was okay..." Glenn squeaked out with pure fear radiating off his limbs. He couldn't hide any emotion and started to freak out when Daryl stomped towards him.

The click of a gun made Daryl stop right in his tracks. "That better not be pointed at me." He growled and slowly turned around to see that the gun was indeed pointed at him, and Rick was holding it. Daryl scoffed and grabbed his crossbow before heading to the box truck to go and get his family back.

Rick suited up and prayed to God that Ally and Merle were still in the same spot he left them in. If anything had happened to Merle, or in worse case scenario, Ally, then Daryl would probably try to kill Rick out of anger. "They best there." He grunted as T-Dog stepped in the box truck. "I chained the door shut. Nothing's getting in." Daryl glared at T-Dog and saw nothing but hatred for what he did to his babygirl and brother. T-Dog dropped the key down the drain, but he also chained the door shut so none of the walkers could get them.

"Maybe I could put an arrow through yer' head instead." Daryl threatened T-Dog, and T-Dog showed no fear. "Do what you gotta do, man. I'll take the blame." Daryl sat down on the floor in the box truck and prayed that Alley was okay as they made their way into city. He hasn't been out into the city for a long time, and he only imagined that the walkers were higher in number.

Daryl took a deep breath as the truck slowed. Once it was in park Daryl pulled the back end up and took off running. He wasn't sure where they were, but running would sure as hell get the rest of them to move faster. "Daryl..." Glenn whispered as he caught up to him. "Slow down. You don't have a clue where to go, and I wanna do this right." Glenn kept rambling on and on about how to get in and out quickly. Daryl was only worried about getting Ally safe and back to camp.

Glenn safely led them to the store where Ally and Merle were trapped. Daryl took out a few walkers that were left hanging around and followed Glenn up the steps, eventually passing him and jumping for joy when they got to the chained up door. The chain wasn't broke and Daryl felt a little bit of relief. He was shaking as T-Dog broke the chain.

******
🌸Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥