Chapter 19: Alliances

I felt Daddy being pried from my arms. He was sitting up and I could hear Merle telling him to wake up. "No..." I whined kicking my feet, fussy from not having enough sleep. "I'll be out in a minute!" Daryl yelled to Merle.

I heard Merle shut the door and walk away. I opened my eyes and rubbed them. "Daddy... Where you go?" I asked snuggling into his side. "I have to go on watch, baby girl." He said stretching and then wrapping an arm around me. "I no want you to go." I cried and started to throw a fit. "Stay with me!"

"Stop it right now!" He growled. "Ya' can't go throwin' fits. Go back to sleep, I'll be outside and no one else will get in." He said holding my hands. I pout and look down. "Fine." I mumbled and lay back down. Daddy shook his head and hovered over me, his arms flexing from holding himself up. "Don't be that way, sweet pea." He leaned down like he was doing a push up and gave me a kiss on the lips. His lips were soft and rough at the same time, and I felt the familiar tingling in my stomach when his lips touched mine. I moaned slightly, pulling him closer to me and wanting him to kiss me more and harder.

He pulled away smirking with pride. "Later, I promise." He said knowing what I wanted. "Jus' be good for Daddy." He whispered and gave me another kiss before going to do his watch shift. I lay down and lock both doors before going back to sleep.

Daddy woke up me a few hours later when the sun came up. I was more well rested this time and was ready to get on the move to a new destination. "We're gonna head into Atlanta, see what we can find." Daddy told me and let me out of the truck for the first time. I had to pee really bad, but was only allowed to go if I took Daddy with me. After doing my business we got back in the truck and headed to Atlanta.

We only got a few miles before stopping due to a traffic jam. There were people in the cars. Alive. They were still alive and we're all waiting to be admitted into the city. The police had it blocked off for some reason. "I'm gonna head on up. Check some things out." Merle said at Daddy's window. Daddy and I watched as Merle made his way through the long line of cars and soon he was out of sight. "Is it just gonna be us?" I asked. "Us? What do ya' mean?" Daddy asked pulling out a smoke. "Are we gonna join others?" Daddy shrugged his shoulders. "Not sure, baby. Merle will decide."

"Why does Merle have to decide?" Daddy looked at me smiling, "Ye' ask a lot of questions." "Is that a good thing?" I asked knowing he'd smile. "Can be," he said. From the looks of the line were going to be in traffic for awhile. I undid my seat belt and moved over next to Daddy. "I love you." I told him quietly. "I love ya' too." He kissed my forehead.

We sat in Daddy's truck for the majority of the day and I was starting to get bored. "Can I have my coloring book?" I asked. Daddy reached behind his seat and grabbed it for me. "Thank you." I told him. "Yer' welcome." He rested his hand on my thigh rubbing circles with his thumb.

I colored a few pictures while we waited for Merle to get back. Finally, once it was dark he showed up. "Everyone else is turnin' around." I told Daddy as I seen the car behind us go back. "I found us some friends baby brother. Pull over into the grass." Merle said. Daddy did what Merle told him to, and pulled off the road over into the grass. We watched as all the cars and trucks turned away from the city, going back the other way. "Drive on up here." Merle said then got up on his bike. We pulled up to a small group. I noticed two children and couldn't believe they were out here in the world.

Daddy came over to my side of the door, and helped me out. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the group. Merle walked up to a man, he was tall, dark hair, broad shoulders. He looked so familiar. "That's my brother, Daryl. He can hunt." Merle said. The man looked at Daryl, but his eyes fell on me next. "Ally?" He asked. "Shane?" I squeaked slightly afraid. "What are you doing down here?" He asked. "I could ask you the same thing." I told him with nervousness in my voice. Shane always creeped me out. He was too pushy with things and made me uncomfortable.

"I live here. I was only staying in Nebraska for police training. I was up there every few weeks." He answered. "I'm with Daryl." I told him. "Ya' know him?" Daryl asked. "Yeah, he took me on a date." I whispered. "Didn't work out, as you can see."

Shane was standing next to a woman with dark brown hair and a young boy who looked similar to her.

Please don't tell me he's married and has a kid.

"I'm Lori and this is my son Carl. Shane worked with my husband Rick, they were partners." She explained to me and I finally felt a little better. "Are we going into the city?" Daryl asked Merle. "They done blew that to shit baby bro. Dropped a few bombs." Merle said. I maneuvered my way behind Daddy, not wanting to be in the spot light.

"Get in the cars, I know where to go." Shane said. Daddy took me back to the truck and buckled me in. "Sorry I never told you." I whispered out as he got in. "Hey, it's in the past baby." He said calmly. "Just... Did ya' sleep with him?" He asked. I shook my head, "no. I didn't see him after the first date. He was weird and creeped me out. He kept trying to get in my pants. I don't like him. He's not good, Daddy." I said and grabbed Daddy's hand. "Thanks for tellin' me baby girl. I'll keep an eye on him." Daddy said and leaned over to kiss me.

As we drove I couldn't believe that Shane was in our group. He never did say where he lived, but his dating profile was the same town I was in. Maybe he used it for when he was in the area and that explains why he would only call me once a month wanting to go out. It wasn't awkward with him, it was just shocking how we went on a date in my hometown and now I met someone new and I'm in his town. I didn't trust Shane at all though and Daddy knew that. I'm glad he was by my side to watch out for me.

Our new group parked off into the woods at an old campsite and started setting up tents. A woman and her husbands were setting up one and Shane was setting up his and Lori's. The two kids stood side by side, looking terrified. "Can I get out, Daddy?" I asked sweetly, my voice all innocent and childlike. "Why?"

"Well, those kids look scared. I could help." I said. Daddy looked over at the two kids and seen how scared they were. "Go ahead. Be safe." He told me and unlocked my door. "I'll be out in a few, baby."

Merle was on watch while the group set up their tents. I approached the two kids and they tensed up at the sight of me. "Hi, I'm Ally Edwards. I used to be a librarian, and you can call me Ms. Edwards." I said sweetly. "I like books." Carl said. The young girl was holding herself tightly. "What's your name?" I asked.

"Sophia." She said quietly. "Well, its nice to meet you." I smiled warmly at her and she loosened up a bit. I jumped when I felt a hand on my back, it was just Daddy. "We're parkin' the vehicles up the towards the camp site entrance." Daddy whispered. "Okay." I said. "That means we're alone. They're all down here... And we are up there." He said in my ear. "Ohhh." I finally realized what he was trying to say.

"Carl! Sophia! Time for bed." Their mothers yelled. "Bye! Goodnight." I told them as they ran off. Daddy and I ran up to the run together. He had cans outside of the truck hooked to wire so we could hear if a geek got near us.

"Get yer' sweet ass in baby girl." He said grabbing my sides after setting up our bed. Our truck was in the middle of the other two cars and Merle's motor cycle sat down next to his small campsite. We were about an eighth of a mile away from the others, giving us a good bit of privacy.

I got comfortable in our little bed and took a deep breath. Daddy had his crossbow on the floor next to us and hovered over me like before. "I promised ya' later, and baby girl it's later."

*****

🌸Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥