Chapter 27: Brave

Here's a cute picture of me!

~

I heard the door jiggle and a loud clang smacked against it. I covered my mouth and started to cry. It was the geeks, it had to be. I could've sworn that they all left, but maybe they came back for me. "Ally!" I heard from my spot behind the dumpster. I knew that voice and my mind was just playing tricks on me.

"Ally-Cat! Baby girl, where ya' at?" I heard Daddy call softly. Wait a minute... Daddy! I jumped up from my spot and turned to see Daddy with a sad look on his face as he was standing over Merle's severed hand. "Daryl..." Glenn said quietly and pointed to me.

Daddy raised his eyes to meet mine and I screamed excitedly, running over and jumping into his arms as he picked my up and wrapped my legs around his waist. "Daddy," I cried into his neck and couldn't believe he actually came to rescue me. "I love you so much!" I told him and kissed his lips. "Mhm, I love ya' more baby girl. Are ya' okay?" I nodded, not even thinking about my scrape from when Merle pushed me. "Good girl. Now where did Merle go, sweetie?"

I looked down and shrugged my shoulders, "he's mean." Daddy lifted my chin and gave me a stern look. "Uh-uh. None of that fussiness. Ya' gotta talk to me sweet pea." I stomped my foot and pointed to where he was cuffed to the pole. "He made me get the saw for him and I did. Then he tried to hurt his hand and cut it off. I tried to stop him but he pushed me down." I pointed to where he pushed me down. "And he hurt me." I lifted up my sleeve and showed Daddy the back of my arm and elbow. "Then Merle got up and walked off. I asked if I could go but he told me I was useless and said some very mean words to me and left me here alone." I stomped my foot and pouted my lip out.

Daddy ran his fingers through his hair and huffed out a deep breath. "Come here, let me see yer' arm." I pranced my way over to Daddy and stuck my tongue out at that officer guy for leaving me here. Daddy grabbed my arm gently and looked at the scrape. "Glenn, gimme the first aid kit." Daddy asked holding a hand out. Glenn jumped and quickly found the kit for Daryl, shaking as he handed it over.

Daddy cleaned up my scrape and put a bandage in it. "Thank you." I smiled back at him. "Now, let's go find Merle," he told us. "Or one ya'," he pointed to the rest of the group members. "Are gettin' an arrow in the ass." Daddy picked up his crossbow and threw it over his shoulder before giving my backpack to Glenn. Daddy interlocked our fingers together and we went off to look for Merle.

I learned that the officers name was Rick, he was partners with Shane before the world ended. I didn't like Shane, and I couldn't imagine Rick and Shane being friends.

So far, we've had no luck with finding Merle. I told Daddy how Merle left at least a day ago and could be anywhere right now. Daddy insisted on looking though. "Daryl, you and..." Rick looked at me. "Her names Ally," Glenn mumbled when Daddy stood in front of me, not allowing Rick to speak with me. "You and Ally stay here, Glenn and I are going to get a bag of guns that I dropped in the street." Daddy didn't say anything to Rick or Glenn. "I'm not staying here, he may kill me." T-Dog spoke up.

Since T-Dog was the one who lost the key I could understand how upset Daddy was, but T-Dog also saved my life by chaining the door shut. The others left to retrieve the guns and Daddy and I were left alone. I sat in his lap while he rocked me back and forth, whispering how much he loved me in my ear.

"I missed you, Daddy. I thought I was going to die. I no wanna die by monsters." I was being honest with Daddy and he needed to know how I felt. "Do ya' think I'd leave ya' up here to die, sweet pea? I'd never do that to ya'. I can't live without ya'...or Merle, but I'm gonna have to live with it now that he's gone." I rubbed Daddy's back, trying to comfort him. "Not gone Daddy, just somewhere else."

After a good half hour of waiting Rick, T-Dog and Glenn came back with a bag of guns. "Damn... Those all yer's?" Daddy asked Rick who was taking guns out and handing them over. "Yeah, ours." Rick handed me a small handgun. "I-I-I-" my stuttering caught Daddy's attention and he took the gun from my hand. "She can't shoot." Rick nodded, "we'll train her."

Daddy shook his head, "no, she doesn't need training. I don't want her shootin' and she probably don't either." I agreed with what Daddy was saying. I don't think I can shoot a gun, let alone use it to hurt living people, or dead people. "Daryl, she needs to learn to protect herself." Glenn spoke up. "It wouldn't be a bad thing if she learned, that's all I'm saying." I smiled over at Glenn, he was nice. "I'll protect her." Daryl growled at Rick and I hope they weren't going to fight.

"Let's get back to camp, it's late." Rick said quietly before following Glenn as he led the way back to the box truck. Daddy was holding my hand the whole time we walked to the truck, and even set me between his legs when we got in the truck. "No one is gonna mess with ya', I mean it." Daddy whispered and rubbed my shoulders.

We were almost back to camp when we stumbled upon a road block of walkers. There was about a dozen that kept us from reaching the group. The men stepped out to fight and once those were killed off they all started running towards camp. Daddy took off running too, leaving me inside the truck. I was really scared because something was wrong and I didn't know what it was.

Merle told me I was worthless and I refuse to feel that way. I grabbed a knife from the back of the truck and opened the door. I jumped out and made my way towards camp, being very careful not to get hurt. I saw the walkers eating group members and lost it. I could kill them, I was too afraid to get near them. I screamed loudly when a walker grabbed my arm, but somebody shot it down and threw me over their shoulder.

The person carried me to the RV and set me down. It was Shane. He saved me from the walker. "You alright, babe?" Shane asked brushing hair from my face. "Don't call me that." I said and realized that camp was now completely silent. "Ally!" Daddy called. I jumped up and ran towards him giving him a hug. "I'm sorry! I wanted to see what was wrong and a walker grabbed me-" "where?" He asked and started to look my body over for marks. "Here," I pulled up my sleeve, showing him my flawless, unharmed skin. "Thank God!" Daddy pulled me in for another hug and kissed me forehead.

"Need to watch out for your woman more, Daryl. She almost got killed." Shane said coming out of the group next to the RV. There would always be some competition between them because I went on one date with Shane. "She's alright." Daddy pushed me behind him and I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him from behind. "She wouldn't have been if I didn't save her. That's right! I saved her Dixon, not you." I felt Daddy flex, trying to control his anger.

"Somethin' ya' wanna say, Shane?" Daddy started to raise his voice and other people started to interfere. "Daryl..." Rick warned. "Yeah there is! She should be with me! You can't protect her! We all know what kinda man you are, Daryl Dixon." Shane growled his name with venom dripping from each word.

"Ye' guys don't know shit!" Daddy yelled throwing his crossbow aside and walking up to Shane, ready to fight him. "Enough!" Lori yelled. "We lost people tonight. We don't need anymore fighting." She looked at Daryl and Shane before taking Carl and Sophia into the RV.

Shane scoffed and walked away. "We need to clean up camp." Rick whispered and everyone started to help. Beside the RV was Andrea with her sister, Amy. Amy was bit but no one put her down yet. "Daddy, Amy has a boo boo." I whispered and discreetly pointed to Amy. "What kinda boo boo, baby girl?" He asked placing his hands on my hips. "The monster bit her," I said and bit my own arm to show a representation. "I'll watch her. Ye' go in the RV." I shook my head, "I wanna stay and help you."

Daddy looked around camp before nodding, "alright, ya' stay by me and listen or I'll put ya' in time out." Now we had a broken camp to fix.

*****
🌸Comment & Vote

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥