Chapter 4: A Little Gift

Another month passed and Daryl and I talked literally every second of the day. If we weren't texting we were talking on the phone, and if we weren't talking, we were texting. I even had to change my phone plan because I was sending an immense amount of text messages and my phone calls with him lasted for hours.

Last week we spent seventy three hours on the phone talking. We would just sit there sometimes and not a say a word. It made it feel like he was right there beside me when we were talking.

I gave Daryl my address because he said he had something to send me. I was a little nervous at first, but I gave him my P.O. Box and not my physical address. I trusted him, but he still hasn't let me see him, and it worried me a bit.

I check my mail today and was surprised to find a box that was shipped in from Georgia. The box was only about a foot long and five inches thick.

I went back to my apartment and called Daryl.

"I got your gift. I'm afraid to open it." I laughed pulling the tape off the outside.

"Yeah? Well, open it. Yer' gonna love it. I hope."

I put my phone down so I could pull all the tape off and was surprised to find a cute pajama set in the box. It was even Disney inspired and had The Little Mermaid all over it.

"Oh my god! Daryl, I love it!"

"Good. Does it fit? I suck at guessing sizes."

I stood up an quickly put the pajamas on. "Yes! It's perfect! Thank you so much!"

"Yer' welcome." I swear I heard him chuckle and that made me smile. "There's somethin' else in there."

I was so excited about my new pajamas, that I didn't bother looking at anything else. There was a cute little note, written in very sloppy hand writing.

"For a princess."

Underneath was a tiara! "Daryl! Thank you so much! You're the best person in the world." I squealed and jumped up and down. I loved the gifts he got me.

"Yer' welcome, Angel. I have to go, I'll call ya' later."

"Bye. Thank you again."

"Yer welcome, Ally-cat. Bye."

I wore my pajama set that Daryl got me all day long. I never wanted to take it off. I made me feel connected to him in some way. I sent him a picture of me in the pajamas and tiara.

You look adorable! - Daryl

Thank you! - Ally

That night I made pizza in the oven and relaxed on the couch waiting for Daryl to call me back. He worked on weekends for extra cash, and I couldn't believe he spared some money to buy me this gift. Daryl Dixon was certainly something.

Around nine that night, Daryl called me back.

"I made pizza. I wish you were here to try some with me."

"Oh yeah? What kind?"

"Pepperoni and cheese with sausage."

"Sounds good. I wanna be there too angel."

"Yeah, maybe one day." I whispered.

"Yeah, maybe."

"Can I see you?" I asked him again.

"Ally... Don't do this to me." He groaned.

"Tell me why you won't let me see you?" I begged.

"Ya' won't like me." He said.

"That's not true." I whispered. Daryl must really not like himself.

"But it is."

"Please, Daryl, don't be that way."

"I'm gonna go."

"But, Daryl!" I had tears in my eyes, and before I could say another word he hung up.

I sat on the couch and cried for awhile. I've never met Daryl in my whole life and I already felt connected to him. It's crazy what a few messages and phone calls can do to a person.

I went to my bedroom, leaving my phone on the couch, and got out all of my coloring books and crayons. I haven't been in little space for awhile, and I was really upset right now, so little space would help with all those scary feelings.

I colored a few and added them to my collection of pictures. I enjoyed being little for awhile, but it did get lonely in this apartment. I jumped onto my bed and pulled the blankets up to my chest before grabbing a book and reading until I fell asleep.

******
🌸Comment & Vote

💄Let me know what you think so far!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥