T E N : THROWN

Hime's POV

"Hime, I'm sorry. It's too late when I finally found him." I stare at him in horror. My legs turn to jelly but I can't afford to break down now. Karma silently makes his way past me to the couch and lays my little brother on it. He plops down next to my brother. He puts his elbows on his lap as he looks down. His hands are behind his neck.

Only now I realise how battered up my little brother is. He has a black eye, bruises and injuries everywhere adorning his skin. He's a little tan like mom. Aside from his skin, he looks just like dad. He has the same black hair, the same bone structure, the same everything. I look up to Karma and realise that he's not in a tip top condition either. His knuckles are bleeding, his cheek is bruised and his school uniform is tattered up. I rush to the kitchen and grab a big bowl filled with water, a small towel and a first aid kit (and close the nozzle of the gas)

I rush to my brother and open his school uniform. I have to hold back tears. Truthfully, my brother gets in to fights (mainly because the kids complain about their parents and Haru didn't like it considering he never had the chance growing up with a mother and a father instead, he has to grow up with a sister.) but he have never returned home looking all beaten up and unconscious. I bite my lower lip and quickly tend to his wounds. His face will distort every time I add pressure on it. When I was done, I run my fingers deep through Haru's black hair. Open your eyes, Haru. I long to see your greyish blue eyes. I divert my gaze from Haru's sleeping face to Karma. I crawl towards Karma and sit in front of him on the cold ground. He, on the other hand doesn't or chose to not acknowledge my presence. I stand on my knees and lightly unfold his entwined fingers behind his neck. He doesn't say anything and he doesn't do anything. He just lets me do what I want.

There are only a few rare occasions where Karma Akabane reacts like this; when he was younger and his parents abandoned him to go travelling all over the world and when my parents abandon Haru and I. This is the reaction that he has whenever he is disappointed. But what? What is he so disappointed about? When I finish bandaging his knuckles, I treat the wound on his cheek. I sit back down in front of him and once again he does not acknowledge my presence. He doesn't even look up to me.

"Karma.." I call out softly. He murmurs something incoherently and it was hard to pick up what he was saying. I couldn't even make up the words from his mumbles. "Karma.." I reach out, trying to caress his cheek when his head shoots up. His mercury eyes are burning with fury. I gulp in fear. I've seen Karma like this but it was only to his enemies. "Karma tell me what happened." I said, standing up. It took all I have to not back away from him.

"It was all your fault, Hime." Karma said, his eyes flashes with hate and anger. His voice sends chills down my spine.

To hear such hatred and anger in Karma's voice, it breaks my heart. What does he mean, it's my fault?

"Karma? What do you mean?" I sniff.

"You disgust me, Hime. Just go back to your stupid boyfriend. Don't even come back for Haru if you can't take care of him." Karma roars. I can't hold it in anymore. Tears flow out of my eyes. "You are a pain, Hime. Get out." Karma shouts.

"What- What do you mean, get out? This is my house." I said, my voice breaking at the end. His eyes never soften once.

"Would you rather have Haru move out?" Karma asked. He's not even joking. His eyes are cold, dull.. Dead.

"No.."

"Then get out! You're such a selfish little bitch, aren't you? Being happy on top of other people's misery." Karma said and that was the last straw. It doesn't even sound like Karma but it hurts nevertheless. I grab my phone and open the door open before closing it with a slam. I run to the elevator and press the down button like my life depended on it. I get in the elevator and pressed the G button. I slide down against the elevator door and hug myself. I feel myself tremble as I let out violent sobs. Karma's sudden hatred and anger towards me makes my heart twist and turn. I try to calm myself before reaching the ground floor. When I finally reach the ground floor, the receptionist stands up when he sees me cry. I clench my fist and curse under my breath. Stop sympathising me! I run out of the building and into a nearby park. The park is in between Karma and my apartment. As soon as I got there, I found myself an empty seat. I plop down and tremble in sadness and fear.

What happened? Why is Karma acting like this? I can't even bring myself to look up at my own room as I fear Karma would look at me with those hatred filled eyes again. I really don't want to be hated by Karma. I bite my lip and bring my legs up to my chest and cry.

Why? 

***