T H I R T Y - T W O : LUNCH I

Normal's POV

After the fight, Hime is escorted to her apartment by two maids. They introduce themselves with a polite curtsey with their right hand on the left chest where their heart is and offers Hime a soft smile. Hime notices how the first maid is rather old and the other quite young. Is the young maid in training? No matter. Hime just wants to be away from Natsume as soon as possible. The aura Natsume is emitting is smothering for Hime. So when Natsume gives the maids his permission to escort her out, she bows as a sign of respect to her father and exits the door even before the maids have anything more to say. They walk her out the throne room, up the stairs and take the right turn to the east wing while Haru is escorted to the left where the west wing is. Hime doesn't even bother knowing their names. She would be leaving soon anyway so why bother about trivial matters? Her room is down the corridor at the very end of the west wing. She doesn't think too much of it and she knows the past 10 doors that she passes through are probably other personal apartments for others in the royal family.

The older maid takes out a bunch of gold and silver keys from her pocket that is joined with a round metal. She takes one of the 5 golden keys and sticks it in the key hole and twists it to open the door. Behind the door is something Hime has yet to set eyes on. With a loud 'clank', she feels her heart beats getting faster with excitement. Despite what happened earlier in the throne room, she can't find it in herself to ignore her interest in the décor. She loves what they have done here. When the door that separates our lovely princess and her new apartment opens, her eyes immediately feast on the décor. The fine carving from the walls goes straight up the ceiling and nothing is more breath taking than this. She needs to thank whoever designed her room. He or she made it perfectly and it suits her tastes. Lowering her eyes down from the ceiling, she notices the golden panels on soft blue painted walls.

Beautiful.. She thought.

The furniture products are made from golden painted wood and teal cushions for the sofas and chairs in my room. The sheets and comforters on her bed are also teal in the same shade as her cushions and the same goes for the curtains. There is literally everything in here. Looks like I don't have to go out often. She thought smiling at herself.

Hime's POV

"Princess, this is your apartment. Aoi and I are your personal maids your father assigned for you. I am Sakura and we look forward to work with you, princess." The older maid said as she and Aoi bows. "If there's anything, please don't hesitate to call us. The both of us are always with you." Sakura smiles and Aoi looks a little troubled. I offer her a little smile and nod.

"Thank you for the kind thoughts. However, I just want to be alone for a little while. Is that possible?" It seems that my request is rather weird because Sakura and Aoi exchanged looks; looks that is going to give me a rejection.

"It's possible, your highness. However, the Emperor requests for your presence during lunch." Sakura answers.

"And what time is lunch?"

"In approximately 50 minutes. We will come to get you in 30 minutes."

"What for?"

"To get you tidied up for lunch, of course! Apparently, the minister of Japan is coming today for a meeting with his majesty and since youre the next in line, his majesty thinks that it's a wonderful chance to introduce you to him." Sakura smiles. "Between you and me, your majesty, I agree with your father."

Wait what?!

I'm the next in line for the throne? Who says I want to be the next ruler for Japan?