F O R T Y - T W O : BOTANICAL CLUB

Karma's POV

It has been a week since I first step foot in the chateau and now it seems that I spend my time there more than I do at my own abode the past 7 days. Tempura and I are friends now seeing how he picks me up every day from school and gives me a lift back home after having dinner with Haru. I take a glimpse at the clock that is hanging on the wall above sensei's head. There's approximately 20 more minutes before school ends. I look to my right and see Itona fixated on building some sort of drone as he gives little to no care about his surroundings and I was about to put my earpiece in when I see Terasaka diligently taking notes. This is new; he is actually serious on studying. Once he catches me looking, he frowns and blushes a little. What? He's shy?

"What the hell are you looking at?" he asks rather defensively. I smirk and decided to rile him up.

"A giant idiot taking down Chemistry notes." I replied, leaning more against my chair until the 2 'legs' rise above the ground. Terasaka growls and looks away. Heh? He's not even going to reply that? That's boring. I was about to rile him up even more just for my own personal amusement when I hear almost everyone groans.

"Don't be like that, everyone. Sensei told you didn't he? If you read carefully and understand what the questions really want, then nothing is hard." Koro-sensei said.

"Ha? But what kind of question is this?" One of them complains. By his tone and voice, I'm guessing it's Maehara.

"This.. This is a little.." Sugino adds in.

Hm? The sudden commotion piqued my interest as I try to get involved in their conversation. The moment I made eye contact with Koro-sensei, I knew he's going to call me up. I wanted to look away but my pride wouldn't let me. I offer him an innocent smile and shift my gaze at the board behind him. Oh? We're having Chemistry now? When did Maths end?

"Are they changing the structure of the questions again?" Nakamura complains as she plants her face on the table.

"Karma-kun, can you answer this question?" Koro-sensei asks, pointing to the board with one of his squishy tentacle. I couldn't tell if he was smiling because he's secretly sadistic and the question he gave us is really hard or he was smiling because he's.. Always smiling.

I sigh and read the question that he wrote.

A buffer solution is made by mixing 500mL of 0.5M ammonia solution with 500Ml of 0.5M ammonia chloride solution. What is the pH for this buffer solution?

Buffer solution, huh? Buffer solutions mean using the Henderson Hasselbalch equation. What?

Isn't this actually really easy?

"Well first you find the mole for each solution and determine which one is the conjugate base and which is the acid. In this case, the conjugate base is ammonia chloride and acid is the ammonia solution. Then you find the pKb and put in the values in the Henderson Hasselbalch equation." I said and the octopoda turns bright scarlet with an orange circle in the middle of his smiling face.

"Subarashii, Karma-kun." He praises and he returns to his normal yellow colour. He was about to continue the lesson when the bell rings as a signal that school session is over. "Okay, everyone. Sensei wants all of you to do this homework and please send it up to me tomorrow. Isogai-kun and Kataoka-san, I'll entrust the responsibility to you. Also, if you don't understand how to do or understand the question, do call sensei or just attempt to do it and we'll discuss it together tomorrow, okay~?" He asks and in the speed of Mach 20, a sheet of 20 Chemistry questions are presented on our table. "Oh and don't even bother copying because the questions I have for each and every one of you are made specifically for you. Sensei is going to the south pole now to have some shaved ice. Sensei will see you all tomorrow morning for our Geography lesson, okay?" He said before he disappears.