T H I R T Y - E I G H T : TOO LATE?

Hime's POV

As soon as we arrived, we were escorted to the dean's office by the suited men. I kept my eyes fixed on what's ahead as mother walks beside me, smiling as she waves at the princesses whom recognise her by her couture. While mother signs some of the documents, the principal told me about a system they run in the academy called the Royalty-Aristocracy system or RA in short where I will have my own lady in waiting to help me with various things. Mother seems delighted with the idea and demanded to see the aristocrat. The principal immediately told her that it's quite impossible for class is still in session. Mother shrugs as she asks more about the RA system while I look out the window of the office. I lick my bottom lip and suddenly my thoughts wondered to Karma.

I wonder what he's currently doing..

As they talk and laughed, a bell is heard as it signals the end of a lesson. "Tea, Empress Akahana?" The principal asks as she smiles.

"Yes, please." Mother states her favourite tea as the principal rises to make her the said tea. He offers me some but I politely decline as I find myself float away in my thoughts. I got far enough to even think about Shuu this time.

Shuu would have liked it here.

A knock on the oak door brings me back to reality as the principal opens the door for two students to come in. "This is the president and the vice president of the student body." The principal introduces as I stand as a subtle sign of respect. Mother did, too. "This is the duke of England the Princess of China." They bow in unison and I return it out of courtesy.

"Well then. I think I stayed long enough." Mother said, patting my back. "Can I see my daughter before I leave?" She asks the principal and the principal nods.

"of course, Your Highness. Please take all the time you want." He said. Mother flashes him a smile as she takes my hand in hers and bring me out of the school. The president and vice president stands side by side at the embellished door while mother and I at the foot of the stairs. While mother walks further away, I trail quietly behind her as my eyes roam the area. I have to say that there are a lot of fountains here with different Greek Gods; no doubt telling us a story through the delicate carvings on the marble of the fountain. There are a lot of different flowers and various country flags are moving gracefully with the zephyr. This school is obviously very grand and the building itself gives you a royalty vibe with the typical Victorian setting.

Mother stops as she turns around, startling me and flashes me a smile. She even went as far as hugging me. How ecstatic is she to finally get rid of me? I tense for a little while before trying to relax into her touch. It's not like I hated her or anything. It's just that I am a tad bit uncomfortable with it. She stopped hugging me back when I was still in elementary school. "Study well." She suddenly said as I raise my arms up to reply her hug. "See you when you finish high school." She pulls away and tucks a few loose strands of her midnight black hair behind her ear. "I'll pass your goodbyes to your friends." I look down and bite my lower lip. My right hand takes a hold of my left and I let the loose strands of my hair fall. She takes out her phone and suddenly a click sound was heard. Out of reflex, my head shot up to look at her.

Did.. She just take a picture of me?

"What?" She asks, raising her eyebrow. "It's just something to remember you by. I'm sure your father would want to have something to remind him of you."

I stayed quiet and watch her disappear into the limo that brought us here. I stay at my spot until the silhouette of the car vanishes from my range of vision. I take a deep breath as I try to make myself as positive as possible. I turn around with a smile while quietly praying to whoever is listening so that they couldn't detect my pseudo smile. The president and vice president smiles back at me as they bow a little. Ah.. Guess they didn't realise. That's good.