S I X T Y - T H R E E : CLASS 3E TIME

Normal's POV

On the day of the ambush, exactly 7 days after the burn down of the palace. Exactly 7 days after the lese majesty and 7 days after Sakura and Aoi passed away along with the other staffs who had sacrificed themselves for Hime's survival. The days went on normally for other students but for class 3E, they are all abnormally working hard. Helping one another and polishing up their skills for this day.

Hime and Karma are the only ones who had suited up before their classmates as they hang out at their usual spot: the cliff.

Both of them sat near the edge as they stare at the horizon. School had ended a few hours ago and club activities will be ending soon. The sun is their mark. When it sets, that's when they get going. As the sky turns from blue to orange, Karma looks at Hime. The wind was blowing her hair in all directions and the orange doesn't really sit well on her but for a moment, there was no sight more breath taking than her as he wants nothing more than to hug her and hide her from the world. He doesn't want her to go on this raid with them despite it being a rescue mission for both her father and brother. He doesn't want her to get hurt anymore.

He knows how hard it was for her the past 7 days to heal. She was on pain killers that couldn't numb half her pain when she takes it but it does its job because it kept her from crying and passing out when it got too much to handle. It worried him to no end as it was taking a toll on her health and it shows on how dull and pale her skin is. Her features are always tense as she forces out a smile to keep appearances around her classmates during class or trainings. And truthfully, she hasn't healed at all for her wounds are always reopening. At this rate, Karma is more worried for her dropping dead even before reaching the hill where her step mother now resides.

But he can never tell her that.

He also couldn't tell her how much he loves her. How much he wants her to be his. How much he wants to just protect her. He's scared and insecure to part with her. And maybe that's the reason why he never parted from her the past 7 days. He insisted to following her wherever she goes and masking his fear with a few of "Hime, have you actually gained weight?" "It appears you left your agility in Sussex." and "Are you sure you want to leave me here? I might put in hot sauce in the straws of your drink." In multiple different ways.

There was one moment where she wasn't in his arms reach during practice and fell down to the ground. It was true that she hasn't been in her top shape in Sussex. The whole school is about being poised and graceful. Where does being an assassin fit in, in that kind of environment? Besides, her lady in training, Jemma would definitely wont let her get away with it. Not to mention her other friends, Chen, Nick, Elvin and Tae. They will most definitely have her back but where does she fit in that picture? They have been friends since god knows when. Much like Karma and her. Anyway, during training, her grip wasn't strong enough to pull her weight up and had lost her breathing and concentration. She had called out for Karma when she fell and it appears that her strength is lost due to her wounds reopening.

Thankfully Maehara and Isogai were around to catch her before she hits the ground but Karma had never been more scared in his life. He didn't show it verbally but his actions definitely did. He became quiet as he presses onto her opening wound with quivering cold hands as he patiently waits for her to open her eyes. When she did, he lets out a breath of relief and brought her to the infirmary after calling both taekbayashi and Okuda who are both in the lab to help with Hime's opening wound. He would normally do it himself but he isnt sure if he could.

At that point, bad memories flash across his eyes and he was haunted by the gruesome scenario of her death. He never wants to see that. He doesn't want her to ever leave him again. She did it once and he isnt sure if he could handle it if she does it again.