F O R T Y - F I V E :

Normal's POV

Natsume's heartbeat immediately accelerates. This has to be the worst news he has ever received. He feels frustrated, sad and angry.

Why cant she just listen to me? Why cant she see how important she is to me? Why cant she see that I'm trying to protect her? Why cant she just understand that she's my one and only princess and I truly do love her even though I have been doing a shitty job at it. Shira, I know you're probably really disappointed in me because I couldn't even do something as easy as keep our daughter safe. I'm sorry, baby. I really am. But I won't lose her the way I lost you. I swear.

Natsume thought, as he tries to remain calm while he ignores what Sakura has to say after that. All that he cares about right now is Hime and how he's going to keep her presence here in Japan a secret. It's common knowledge that he cant trust anyone working in the palace; not the maids, the guards – no one.

But question is, how? He couldn't let Karma know. Karma would alert the whole class about this and guess who will come as class 3E's plus one? Natsume's heart will only learn to forgive that darned plus one when hell freezes over.

"Your majesty, what do you suggest we do?" Sakura asks from where she was standing the first time she enters the room. Natsume walks to the window and puts both hands behind his back. Sakura watches how the colours of the sky slowly darken and eventually shades of orange with tinges of pink and purple that decorates the sky changes to the night sky. The sun fades and the moon and stars appear. "-about Higanbana Hime-sama." Natsume sighs as he tilts his head a little to look at Sakura.

"For now, make sure Karma-kun and the rest of the workers of the palace doesn't know about this. Have Ichiro and Kamakura-kun give Hime's pilot the green light to land in the premises. After that, give the Princess of China something as token of gratitude. Have Hime give it to her and then bring Hime underground."

"That's your plan?" Sakura asks in disbelieve. "Youre locking your own daughter up in the dungeon." Natsume inaudibly sigh and rolls his eyes at this.

There you go, Sakura-san's motherly side have appeared.

"It's not like that, Sakura-san." Natsume said, frowning. "You didn't let me finish."

"I don't know if I want you to finish if you're trying to make me do something like that to Hime-sama."

"Well, you should let me finish." Natsume said in defence. "Come up to the throne room via the tunnels underground."

"Excuse me, your majesty.. But, what?" Sakura couldn't believe her ears. Is this really the emperor she's serving? Is this really the boy she gave her family up for? Is this really the boy she has been raising up?

"I know, I know." Natsume lets out a nervous chuckle. "Then she will see her mother's shrine, right? But I'm willin-"

"No, Natsume-sama." Sakura cuts him off as she drops herself onto the couch. "Why are you so afraid of a little treason? You're supposed to be strong and you're supposed to be even stronger even Hime-sama is here, fighting beside you. I didn't expect this behaviour from you at all! Where is the Natsume I know? Where is that sweet little boy who always has plans and is always positive?" Sakura asks, her eyes hard and stern as if she's a mother lecturing her child. "Where is that boy-"

"Well that boy died the day his wife died!" Natsume roars. He couldn't take it anymore. What would she know? What did she have to sacrifice? In his eyes, he's the reason why Shiragiku was killed that night. He was the reason why Hime didn't have the mother she deserves. Natsume's eyes begin to water when he thinks about the platinum haired woman with asparagus green eyes and red lips. "Now I'm always worried and I'm always careful with the decisions I make. I'm scared, Sakura-san." Natsume's voice breaks and he hates it that someone is actually witnessing this. I guess nii-sama was right about me. How pathetic. He lets out a dry chuckle as tears begin to flow out from his eyes. I am just a pathetic boy who cant even protect his family. I lost my wife, my life and I can't imagine losing my princess, too. It's bad enough that I traded her love and childhood for her safety. I cant handle any more of this. "I've already lost my wife. I cant lose my little girl too." Natsume whispers as he falls to his knees, as he pours out his feelings in fat tears.