S E V E N T E E N : COME BACK

Normal's POV

After school, Karma was debating if it was a good idea to stop by at her house. He was positive that she wouldn't want to talk to him after what he had done and said to her. Out of frustration, Karma kicks a stray pebble on the street. He's getting drenched but he could care less. Passing by her apartment, he looks up to the 12th floor and clicks his tongue in annoyance. If fate is trying to mock him, a boy with bleached hair and his ruffians circle him.

Karma has an uninterested look on his face and look at these ruffians. "I'm not in the mood to be entertained, Akashi." Karma said, looking at him. "I'll come back at your slum when I'm looking for a source of entertainment."

"Shut up, Akabane. We're just here to inform you that Sakuragi is at your doorstep. She's soaking wet and is heating up. My men were just looking for you at Kunugigaoka." At the mention of Hime's name, Karma's eyes widen.'She's at my doorstep?!' Karma thought

"If you lie.." Karma grabs Akashi's collar with one hand as he threatens, his voice dropping low. Akashi clicks his tongue in annoyance.

"Why would I lie to you about Sakuragi? She's your partner in crime, isn't she?" Akashi rolls his eyes. "I have no idea what happened to the both of you but go back. She's heating up pretty badly. Mako is making sure no one touches her."

Karma looks at Akashi. "Why are you helping me?"

"Some bastard that goes by the name Asano is messing around with my turf. He's sending yakuzas all over this area to keep an eye on Sakuragi. I'm not helping you either, idiot. It's just an act of repaying Sakuragi's kindness. She did help Mako and I get in Akarinashi High." Akashi rubs the back of his neck.

"And what the hell were you doing at my house?"

"We went to Sakuragi's first. It panicked Mako and I to not find her at home. She's supposed to teach us English today. When we couldn't find her at her own house, we try finding her at your house and there she is, listening to some instrumental song while sleeping. Akabane, just take care of her."

Karma clicks his tongue in annoyance and run his fingers in his red tresses. Don't talk as if you can keep her safer than I can. "Can I go home now?" Karma asks in annoyance. Akashi winces a little at Karma's annoyed tone and immediately gives him a sharp nod. Karma lets go of Akashi's collar and Akashi clears his throat.

Karma shoves his hands in his pants and walk calmly towards his apartment. Could it be that she's actually worried? Karma thought and immediately went red. His thoughts are full of his days with Hime when they were younger and unconsciously puts a smile on the red haired's features.

He didn't even realise that he has already arrive at his own doorstep when he hears someone clearing his throat.

"Don't smile like that, Akabane. It's creepy." Mako or Makoto complains as he stands up from his crouched position in front of the passed out platinum haired.

"Scram, Mako." Karma smirks when Makoto blushes.

"Don't call me that. Only Akatan can call me that." When Makoto realises what he just said, he covers his mouth with the back of his right hand and looks away. Karma immediately caught up on Makoto's strange behaviour.

"Are you perhaps in love with Akashi?" Karma smirks. "Don't even think of lying. I have Jalapenos in my house. Would you like to relive that moment when we were younger?" Karma suddenly grows devil horns and a tail. He continues to torture the mortified boy until Makoto runs down the stairs, wailing for Akashi. Laughing a little at his own kind of twisted comical relief, he looks at Hime in front of him.

He crouches down in front of the girl and pushes her bangs behind. He notices the song she's listening to and immediately, his features softens. It's the mix he made for her. He didn't sleep for days just to make that mix including his plays of violins. Taking the phone at her side, he presses the pause button as he takes in her sleeping face. When the thunder strikes, he snaps out of his thoughts and pushes his bangs away. He then leans in until his forehead touches hers. He frowns at the temperature her body is emitting. He immediately leans away and carries her inside. He puts her gently on his bed and switches on the lights and heater.

He becomes red when he notices how wet her school uniform is. However, what made him smirk was the colour change of her underwear. Red? He thought. He is sure to tease her until she cries when she wakes up just for the fun of it. He thought of changing her clothes for her when he stops reaching out to her. His heart is feeling weird and his stomach is feeling light. He is nervous. He sits at the edge of his bed and lets his upper body fall on the bed as he closes his eyes with his left arm.

What's wrong with me? Am I turning into a pervert like that octopus and Itona? He sighs and lets his left arm fall at his side. He pulls himself up and stare at Hime's sleeping face. Has she always been this beautiful? Karma wonders as he tucks a strand of her wild hair behind her ear. Hhe brushes his knuckles softly against her cheek when she snuggles closer to his touch. You look so peaceful while you're sleeping. Why can't you be this peaceful when you're awake as well, Hime? You're such a pain in the ass.

He stands and walks towards his closet to bring out one of his many hoodies. He wraps it securely around her body and tucks her in bed. He walks to the kitchen and takes out a big bowl and fills it up with water a small towel. He walks in the bedroom and soak the towel in the bowl. He twists the towel to get rid of any excess water before folding the towel properly and sets it on her forehead.

Maybe I should start cooking on that porridge so by the time she wakes up, she can eat it right away. Karma smiles. Maybe I'll put some jalapenos and spicy curry powder in it as a prank too. He snickers at his own thoughts and walk out the room. The mischievous smirk is still present on his face although his eyes are lacking its malice. 

Although his thoughts may sound otherwise but we all know he's feeling guilty from the incident a few chapters ago.

***

I just  read the last chapter of AssClass and I was crying for 5 hours straight. 

Cheers to the best sensei ever, Koro-sensei.