S I X T Y - O N E : UNRAVELLED TRUTH

Normal's POV

The sun has yet to rise and the moon is still up in the sky with stars decorating the 4 A.M sky. There's barely anyone who is awake at that time and that's why it's got the most peaceful and beautiful ambience. In a warm apartment which belongs to the Akabane family, there are two teenagers who hasn't slept since the night they reconciled with tears and sincere apologises sitting on the bed. The blanket is wrapped around both the teenagers' torso as Karma holds Hime's hand as a quiet moral support for her to finish her mother's real diary.

When she finished, tears wouldn't stop flowing and Karma puts it upon himself to pull her into a hug as his one of hands rubs circles into her back and the other in her hair. Usually, Karma would avoid from things that involves the human emotion. To him, they're too complex to understand and he likes resorting to teasing and pranking. Sometimes it involves receving pain and torture from the other party but Karma has learned his lesson when his emotions got out of control.

"I'm here." He whispers in the crook of her neck. She's still crying but at least she's hugging back.

"Thank you." she whispers.

***

When the sun makes its appearance, Karma already has Hime tucked safely in his bed as he takes a shower to start his day. Normally, he would have slept with her but he knows she will wake up in immence pain if he doesn't go out and get her some painkillers for her wounds. Karma dresses casually – in a white t-shirt that he will wear for school later on today with his signature black slacks. He walks to the nearest pharmacy actually got a few brands of painkillers for the both of them and went out of his way to buy groceries so he could make her breakfast.

When he gets back, Hime is still sleeping and for some reason, he feels at ease. He doesn't know if she got any rest the past few days and given the sudden act of treason, it must have put her body in a lot of stress.

He knows he would have been in deep stress if it were to happen to him as well. It's all so messed up. Who knew that her mother and the human version of Koro-sensei were friends? Who knew that her mother was once an undercover agent to protect the crown but accidentally fell in love with the person in line himself? Nothing makes sense to him right now. Her mother's diary doesn't help her in this situation at all. And to think that now that Hime knows who had truly killed her mother.

But Karma couldn't help but wonder why. They were so close. It baffles him greatly. If they're as close as what Hime's mother wrote, then why would they even want to kill her?

Karma downs a pill before he gets on with breakfast. His face begins to ache when he tries talking as he inwardly curses Asano with a silent promise of repaying the student president tenfold of what he received. Karma takes out the stuff that he bought and began cooking the rice first before washing and cutting the vegetables. He has decided to make tofu soup with fried chicken to start their day with as he diligently cuts the chicken into small pieces before marinating it with salt and turmeric powder his parents brought from India.

His mother made this a few times for him before and he fell in love with how it tastes. It's better than mixing with flour and making it into a tempura.

Tempura? Oh, isn't Tempura in the bed next to mine? I wonder what happened. Karma thought back to memories of last night when he wakes from his long slumber. Karasuma was seated in a chair as he talks to someone with a distressed look on his face. Karma remembers hearing Hime's name a few times before waking up. It was as if her name was a stimulus to get him going. When he learns that Hime is alive, he has never ran so hard and so fast before. Karma felt faint when his feet touches the ground and he sways a little but he doesn't slow down with an unsaid fear that she might disappear if he took so long.