S E V E N T Y : LEAVING

Normal's POV

"I plan to continue my studies in SESR."

Karma remains quiet for a long time. The red haired didn't do anything or say anything. He just stares at Hime and watch how she starts nibbling on her lower lip to how she sneaks glances at him from time to time before looking away. Karma can almost hear her thoughts if he tries hard enough. He knows that what he thinks matter to her. But right now, he doesn't trust himself enough to let himself talk.

"Karma?" She quietly says his name and now she turns so that her chest is facing the mattress and props herself up with her elbows. Her hair is down, framing her face in a way that calms him. 'It's okay, Karma. She won't leave you forever.' He gives her a smile and caress her hair.

"Yeah." He said before clearing his throat.

"Yeah?" She echoes.

"Yeah. Go to SESR. I know that your dreams can be achieved easier if you start from there." Karma smiles and Hime hugs him.

"Are you really okay?"

"of course I am." He chuckles, hugging her back.

Lies

"I'll come back to Japan and you can come visit me there too." Hime said pulling away. "I'll call and text you every day, too. Oh and video call you, too! It's okay, that way, right?" Karma smiles at her before kissing her on the lips again.

"Yeah, I get it, Hime. Now let's sleep. I'm really sleepy." Karma said and Hime giggles with a faint blush on her face. She lets herself fall on the space beside him

"Karma?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you." She mumbles and he kisses her hair and leans in to her. Hime curls up next to him, burying her face in Karma's neck.

I'm sleepy.

That's what he said but why is it that he couldn't get even a wink of sleep? Karma has been staring at the ceiling ever since she fell asleep. "hey, Hime. Don't look so peaceful when you're leaving me." Karma mumbles but when he catches himself, he groans in frustration before slowly sitting up on his bed without waking her. 'I won't shackle her.'

And all of a sudden, karma was reminded of a memory he shares with his mother.

"karma, your mom and dad will only be leaving for a couple of years. I promise the next time we come back, we'll spend time as a family."

He was 4.

Karma chased her. Chased his parents, begging them to stop or take him with them. But they never heard it. His cries and beggings.

And has he ever spent time with his parents for more than 3 days? Trips after trips, they will be rushing to go off and catch a plane. If he were to be honest, he can live in poverty happily if it meant his parents will be around.

"Mom, please don't leave me."

He opens his eyes and realises that he was dreaming. His eyes are wet from tears. He wipes them as fast as he can, looking to his side and find Hime still sleeping beside him. 'What a convenient dream to have at times like these.' He thought sarcastically.

He has accepted the fact that everything he loves will leave him. His parents, Trigger, his butler..

He has. He really has.

But why is it that when a young Hime promised that she won't let him be alone, he dared himself to think otherwise. If he's being honest, he might have admitted that he had fallen in love with her at that time. He actually had faith that Hime might be different. There's no way she would ever leave him. Would she?