S I X T Y - N I N E : THE PRINCESS

Normal's POV

After visiting her mother's grave, Karma and Hime went back to the hospital hand in hand.

"I'll see you later this evening?" Hime asks and Karma smirks.

"I never took you for the clingy girlfriend, Hime but this is rather nice."

"Ha? If you don't want to-"

"I want to. Let's meet up this evening." Karma quickly envelops her in a hug. "I want to always be close to you." Hime hums, reciprocating his hug with the same amount of strength. When they pull away, only now that Hime realises Karma's tired eyes. The boy did a good job at masking his fatigue behind his smile but he can never hide behind a façade when Hime is looking at him with her clairvoyant eyes. She quietly reaches up to his hair and ruffles it a bit.

"I'll cook for you tonight." She said before giving him a kiss on his cheek. Karma blushes a little, not expecting Hime as someone who has no problem with PDA. The passerbys are whispering to each other about how cute they are and the girl just giggles and walks in. "Stay warm!"

Karma gives her a wave and walks to the train station with a smile etched to his face like a madman. Ah he could really die without any complaints if this is how his every day life is going to be. 

Sneezes

Hm, maybe I'll sleep a little before meeting up with her.

***

When Hime enters her room, she was shocked to see her friends from Sussex are inside with her father and brother sipping tea.

"Hey!" She greets and Chen was the first to hug her.

"Why didn't you tell us about the treason? We were so worried!" Chen pulls away as she scrutinizes Hime's features before pulling her into a hug again. "I know we just met but please trust us. We're friends, right?"

"Yeah." Hime smiles to her. "We are. I'm sorry."

"It's alright, Higanbara. None of it matters now that we have confirmed you're okay." Nick snickers.

"Yeah you can say that after you and Chen were about to tear Japan apart to find her." Elvin butts in.

"What? Why?"

"We heard you died but no body was found. It's only natural that we find you to be sure. But a friend of yours called us and told us he found you."

"A friend of mine? Karma?" Hime smiles.

"I don't think it's him." Nick said and Hime looks at him questionably. "I think it's someone whose name is No something."

"Asano, Nicholas. Goodness gracious." Chen sighs.

"Ah, yes! Asano. He called the school and asked to speak with the president... Which is me." Nick sips on his tea.

Hime's face drops at the mention of Gakushuu. It pains her heart knowing how much he has done for her then till now. The only reason why her dad and brother are getting treated here is probably because of him, too.

'Thank you Shuu.'

"Oh, come to think of it, he was the one who escorted us to the hospital too. But then he left when your red-haired boyfriend came to greet us." Nick adds and Hime stays quiet. "Ah, I didn't say anything weird, did I? Sorry, Higanbara."

"It's quite alright. I was just.... Thinking." She smiles. Shall I go meet Shuu for the last time? Hime thinks and a memory of Gakushuu smiling flashes across her eyes and her heart twist. I better not. "Ah, also, I have decided to live as Hime Sakuragi. So, if it's not too much to ask, I'd like you to call me Hime from now on." The three friends look at each other and nods.