E L E V E N : DESPAIR

Hime's POV

It's already dark and I have nowhere to go. I sniff and wipe my tears. How could he? Karma's words cuts like the knife. What does he mean, it was my fault? I bite my lower lip and shiver slightly when the cold wind hits my body. 

With trembling hands, I unlock my phone and stare at my wallpaper. It is a picture of Karma, Haru and I last year during Christmas. He was sticking his tongue out, with both his hands in his black coat. Haru, on the other hand was holding my phone. A faint blush was adorning his face. He gave a close eyed smile and I was in the background, smiling with a jar of cookies in my hand. They were a gift from Karma. He baked them for me and replaced the chocolate chips with raisins. When I flipped, he casually said that in order for me to become a cardiologist, my heart needs to be taken care of first when I'm 100% sure he does it because he can. 

With trembling hands, I tap the contacts icon and search for Kayano's name. When i found her name, I tap on Kayano's name and call her to see if she could have me for the night.

"Kae-" I said when she picks up.

"Hime-chan, I don't think I can be your friend anymore." She sounds like she has been crying. "Everything.. My misery is all because of you, Hime-chan. You're the worst." I bite my lower lip. Tears are beginning to brim the corners of my eyes. 

"Kaede-chan.." My voice cracks. "What are you talking about?" I sniff.

"This is all your fault." She cries. I bit my lower lip with hopes to stifle my cries.

"Right I'm sorry for interrupting, Kaede-chan. I'll just get going now." I force a little chuckle.

"You finally call me Kaede." Her voice breaks and she hangs up.

What is happening to all my friends? I called Rio and Fuwa and all the girls. I even called Maehara, Isogai and all the rest of 3-E. They all sound like they have been crying or in a hurry. Their houses are burnt, and some are even beaten by high-schoolers. Everyone is in despair. And everyone is blaming me. WHY?

It might be weird but I could call Bitch-sensei. As I thought, she didn't pick up. I bite my lower lip. I could call Koro-sensei but I don't know if he even has a phone. Karasuma-sensei's phone went straight to voice message. I look around and realise that there are not many people in the park and only now I realise that I'm alone. I raise my legs up against my chest and hug them.

"When you've had enough despair, come to us. I'll be your hope."

Those were Gakushuu's words, weren't they?

Biting my lower lip, I call the said devil.

"Gakushuu.." I tremble a little.

"Hime?" Gakushuu sounds a little unsure.

"Yeah, it's me." I clear my throat.

"What's wrong? You sound horrible."

"Gakushuu. You said you'll be my hope when I'm in despair, right? Please be my hope right now." There is a silence on the other line.

"I'll come pick you up. Where are you?" He asks.

"At the park near my house." I sniff.

He told me that he just got out from the shower and he'll come over in a few. In the meantime, he asks me to not put down the phone until he gets here. In the phone, I hear his breathing as if he had been running. But that's impossible right? His house is like 2 city blocks away from mine. And he could have asked his chauffeur to drive him here. He stops breathing so heavily and he asks if I have eaten. I shake my head and mumble a no as I hug my legs tighter. He tried making a conversation and asks if there are any suspicious men there. I force out a chuckle. What? Is he worried or is he trying to manipulate me by deceiving me with kindness?