AFTER STORY: PART 2

Normal's POV

It felt like a dream when Karma wakes on the couch, too upset to sleep in the shared bedroom. His alarm wakes him up as he sighs dreadfully. He only had 20 minutes of sleep. He ran after Hime after she walks out. He saw her taking the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. His heart broke seeing his wife so sad and so broken. He wanted to run after her. Hug her and pull her back into the house. But if he puts himself in her shoes, would he want to be in the arms of a man who has blurted out that he regrets marrying her? Of course, he didn't mean it. He's the happiest man alive when she agreed to be his wife. He's the happiest man alive seeing her in that beautiful white Thai traditional costume. She's everything to him and he broke her.

So, that night, he didn't stop her from leaving. Instead, he did follow her from afar. Just to make sure she gets to her father's house all right. He knows his wife is more than capable of making it to her father's just fine, she used to fight men half her size and still wins. But, just to make him feel better, he keeps a good 500 meters away from her at all cost, trying as best as he could to make sure she doesn't see him.

But it broke his heart seeing her like that. She has her hair down as she wipes her tears. She takes out her phone every now and then and he couldn't help but wonder who she's contacting. After a few minutes of walking, a silver car stops in front of his wife and he lets out a relieved sigh to see Haru. Haru looks more and more like Natsume. When Hime gets in the car, a little head pops out from the back seat. Karma's heart swells up seeing his wife hugs the child who looks a lot like Haru when he was younger. The red-haired leans against the bricked wall and wonders what exactly that ticks him off when she brought up the topic.

It should be normal for a married couple to think about children, right? So, why was he so angry? He was about to walk away when Haru's eyes meet his. The younger boy flashes him a sad look and he only manages to pitifully shrug at him. When Haru drives off, he was about to walk home when Ritsu appears in his phone.

"Karma-san, is this a bad time?"

"No, what's up, Ritsu?"

"The men who tried to kill you earlier today are in close proximity to you. they're approximately 500m away from you." Ah. Right. This is why he didn't want to have children. He has assassins on his ass just for doing a good job. Annoying, isn't it? He tenses up immediately and becomes extremely wary of people surrounding him. Anyone within a 500m radius from him is dangerous.

"Have you had their faces?"

"yes, Karma-san. Would you want me to send a copy to Hime-san, as well?"

"No, don't bother her with things like that. I can handle it."

"Are you sure? I think it's wiser to share them because she hasn't been updating her period calendar since a while ago." Karma stops.

"What?" His heartbeat fastens and he quickly gets on his feet to a more crowded area with an open space. Somewhere high, open, and where there is a huge crowd to ensure his head doesn't get blown off by snipers.

Ritsu's voice is teasing as the AI lets out a little smug chuckle. "Karma-kun, you get what I am implying, right?"

"Maybe she's late." Karma frowns.

"Maybe," the AI agrees. "But, as far as I am concerned, she's never 3 weeks late," Ritsu said and Karma grits his teeth.

"Ritsu, if you're right, we're going to have to hunt these fuckers down." Karma growls before ending the call with Ritsu and calls Kamakura. Like a faithful White Chrysanthemum, he answers on the first ring. "Tempura, I need you to keep your eyes on Hime. She's at her dad's. Don't ask questions. I'll get her home tomorrow. But tonight, I will find one of these fuckers who are trying to put a bullet in my head." Karma ends the call and he shoves his phone angrily inside his pocket.