S I X T Y - A BOUQUET OF FLOWERS

Normal's POV

The next day Hime wakes with Asano still holding her hand on the side of her bed. He has his other hand tucked underneath his head. Hime wriggles out from his grasp as she stretches a little. She notes how different her ward looks from last night. It was brighter, warmer and full of colour now compared to last night. She notices how her room is situated strategically so only some sunlight seeps into her room through the tall buildings of the hospital. When she moves a little, almost immediately the pain surges from her abdomen like a raging, angry fire. She growls and spits a few colourful curses as her hand flies to the area where she feels the pain. She tries to keep her breathing steady and not make too much sound but the pain is beginning to be too much for her to handle that she feels her hands' temperature go down and it feels a little sore. Her heart beat picks up its pace and swallows a moan as she lets out a shaky breath.

Asano stirs awake when he grabs into nothing and goes into a small panic mode but calms when he sees Hime awake and clutching her abdomen in pain on the bed. She couldn't hide the pain from her blue eyes so she diverts them from his worried eyes the second they meet. "I'm fine." She whispers and lies on her back. The pain gradually subsides as her breathing returns to normal. Asanowatches her silently from the side – knowing that she's as prideful as he is and if she says she's fine then she is no matter how much pain she is evidently in. Asano, however is ready to run out the ward and urge the nurse to give her morphine or whatever the hell she got ast night that she was able to have a proper conversation with him last night. When she opens her eyes, they stick to the huge tree outside the window before looking at him. "Morning." Hime mumbles with a smile like nothing happened.

Asano lets out a breath he didn't notice he was holding as he sits back on the chair. If she's going to pretend nothing happened, then he won't bruise her ego and play along. He, luckily feels a yawn coming so he stifles it as if he just woke up and replies her with a smile. "How are you feeling?" Asano asks like he didn't see her in extreme pain just a few minutes ago as he pops some stiff bones due to his sleeping position.

"It still hurts when I move." Hime said as she winces whenever she makes experimental moves.

"I see. We'll see if you can be discharged today. I doubt you can but if we can convince the doctor to prescribe you some pain killers, I think you should be fine."

"You think that's possible?"

"Not really but it's not like you will listen to me anyway even if I told you to stay." Hime lets out an embarrassed smile. "I know you." Asano whispers, tucking some lose strands behind her ear. "And I also know my mother who will never let you go if youre not entirely okay." He takes in a deep breath before letting it go as he ponders on a few things in his mind. It can't be helped then, he thought before looking into Hime's eyes – the pair he has learned to love. "So, you'll have to go as soon as you get the chance. It'll be your only chance and if you're still here the next time I visit you, then you won't get this chance ever again until you're discharged with the doctor's permission and that's going to take months."

"How do I know if it's time to go?" Hime asks, suddenly feeling nervous. She doesn't know if she can even walk and Asano is saying that

"You'll know." Asano smiles and ruffles her hair. His heart pains but he's doing this for her and he would do anything as long as she's happy. Even if that means he is sacrificing his happiness.

"Shuu?"

"Yes?"

"Did your mother save me?"

"She did." Asano licks his lower lip.