T W E N T Y - O N E : UNEASY

Normal's POV

Hime watches Gakushuu disappear behind the door and bites her lip. She feels a little uneasy; queasy even but she pushes the negative thoughts away and turns around. She has her steel blue eyes on the roof of class E and she has decided to make the most out of today as tomorrow, she will be back with her friends.

Ah yes, friends.

Hime's smile falters a little when her heart clenches. She couldn't help but feel a little insecure.

What if they couldn't forgive me? What if nothing stays the same? What if they hate me?

She bites her lower lip and takes a deep breath. When the cool air rushes in her nostrils and expands her lungs, she made a decision that it's still better to be in class E than A.

Hime smiles with confidence now and made her way towards the door. She knows that this is really happening and she couldn't contain her happiness. She feels like bursting out of happiness. She reaches towards the door knob and twists it open. She hops down the stairs and hums her way to class. On her way to class, she sees Gakushuu scrambling out of class with a tint of red. She sees Gakushuu angrily takes his vibrating phone out from his school pants and squints at the number.

He picks the call up, nevertheless only to look even annoyed. "Who is this?" He growls in annoyance. She watches his face mould into a face of extreme annoyance. "Ha? She's-" Gakushuu trailed off when he sees Hime a few feet away from him. "Here." He hands the phone over to Hime. She tilts her head to the left in confusion. "Take it." Gakushuu urges. Hime made her way towards the phone and puts it against her ear. Gakushuu runs his fingers through his hair and mumbles about how unpleasant this is.

He then returns in class. Hmp. I guess word travels like a wildfire around here.

"Hello?" Hime sounds a little unsure.

"H-Hime-chan!" Hime recognizes this voice even if she were to go deaf one day.

"Kaede-chan! What's wrong?" She asks. "Why'd you call Shuu?"

"Hime-chan, please! Help us!" Hime made a mental note that Kaede Kayano's voice is trembling; shaking. She's in fear.

"Wh-What?" Hime is beyond confused. Why isnt Kaede shouting words of joy or say incoherent words that's just impossible for Hime to understand because she's just that happy? Hime feels her heart stop when Kaede screams in fear. Hime pulls away to see that the line is still connected.

"Kayano!!" A boy scream. Nagisa?

She hears sounds like gun shots and pained grunts, screams in agony and fear before the line is disconnected. Hime stares at the phone in fear until all she could see in Gakushuu's phone is the picture of them last year, on his birthday. She has her arms around Gakushuu's neck as she looks in his eyes. His arms are wrapped around her waist, his mauve eyes looking at her face with such softness, it feels foreign now. His lips are pulled up into a soft smile too.

This is all too much for her to understand.

I thought the deal is over!

Bubbling with rage and anger, she slides the door open. She saw Taka-sensei writing something about the Edo period on the board and the disbelief in her eyes. All eyes of the student body in class A are fixed on her too. She made her way to Gakushuu and his mauve eyes bore into hers. He knows that this might be the last time he will ever get to see those beautiful steel blue eyes that fell in love with. Hime, on the other hand, balls her hands into a fist and hits him square in the face. The blow was so strong that he fell off the chair.