S I X T E E N : KARMA AKABANE

Normal's POV

While Hime is making her way to Karma's house, he is in class. He didn't participate in class activities and did not engage in conversations or anything nor did he pay attention in class. He is just.. There. He has earphones plug in his ears, listening to an instrumental music he gave to Hime when they were younger. He leans against his chair and tilt his head to the left where he should've seen a certain platinum blonde with her greyish blue eyes squint slightly to concentrate on whatever it is written on the board. He closes his eyes and yawns. Class is even more boring without Hime. He thought.

"Ne, Nagisa, don't you think that Karma-kun has been really quiet for the past few days?" Kayano whispers.

"Yeah, I guess." Nagisa looks at the close eyed Karma over his shoulder. Everyone is devastated as they couldn't help but give in that night. They couldn't risk Hime's safety. They were so confident in their skills and who knew it wasn't enough.

Nagisa grips his pen a little too hard and it snaps in two.

"Nagisa?" Kayano calls in worry.

"I.. I'm sorry. I was just thinking.." Nagisa mumbles. Maehara turns around to face Nagisa.

"I know, Nagisa. We all feel terrible for what happened. I thought our skills were enough." Maehara said.

"We'll get her back, Nagisa." Kataoka smiles.

"Without Hime-chan, the class is just not the same." Fuwa beams.

"I'm just a little worried about Karma-kun.." Nagisa mumbles and the rest of the class looks at the close eyed red haired. He has been very quiet. He didn't even skip classes. He came to school, listen to music and sleep in class before going home.

"Class," Koro-sensei suddenly slide the door open, startling everyone. "Karasuma-sensei just got news that we have another assembly this month!" Koro-sensei panics.

"What do you mean we have another assembly?" Maehara and Okano whines.

"It seems that Hime-san is being promoted as head prefect." Koro-sensei said and diverts his attention to Karma. He is worried about Karma as well but he, for the first time doesn't know what to do. He doesn't know how to cure Karma. However, Koro-sensei knew what happened and he knew something that none of the students knew about Hime. And because of that hidden knowledge, he knows that he can't do anything if Hime doesn't give her consent.

What a scary power Gakushuu Asano-san has. Was all Koro-sensei thought the minute he heard about the event. Koro-sensei's attention is now removed from Karma to the rest of his students. He thought they would be disappointed but instead, they are all ecstatic.

"Woah, Hime-chan is amazing, isn't she?" Kayano claps her hands together.

"Let's go and support her!" Isogai fist pumps the air and he receives an equally excited 'yeah' from the students, Terasaka and Karma excluded.

"Oi, Akabane" Terasaka looks at the red haired with a frown. Karma heard him, he heard everything but chose not to respond. "I know you can hear me." Terasaka said and again, Karma didn't respond. Terasaka growls and pulls a face. "I don't know what you said to Sakuragi but we all said something bad to her that night. We didn't lend her a hand when she needed it the most and now you have your chance to actually make it up to her." Terasaka said and everyone is shocked to hear Terasaka, the idiot of class 3E talk some sense into Karma.

The only reply Terasaka got is an annoyed glare from Karma. Terasaka immediately feels a chill and still try to hold his image.

They don't understand. Karma thought. It doesn't matter what you or even Kayano said to Hime. They weren't with her the longest. They didn't see how broken she looks that night. They didn't see how badly she was trembling. Karma thought, biting his lower lip. He is trembling slightly at the memory. I've been protecting her for as long as I remember and in the end, I am the cause of her misery. And most importantly.. Karma bites his nail. Why the hell did she call Asano that night?! Why couldn't she call any of the senseis?! Why must it be Asano?! "Fuck this shit!" Karma suddenly shouts which startles everyone including Koro-sensei. Karma punches his table once and it broke in multiple pieces before storming off. Koro-sensei even turns to his liquid form as he watches Karma slides the door open with his poker face.