T W E N T Y - S E V E N : RED SPIDER LILIES

Normal's POV

Opening his eyes, his vision blurs a little. He tries raising his right arm to rub his eyes when he realises every nook and cranny of his torso aches. It took him quite a while to clear his vision. And when he finally does, he finds a certain white haired in a chair sleeping in the most uncomfortable way possible. She has her legs up in a fetal position and her head is too stretched out. He was sure that she is going to have a sore neck the whole day if she keeps this up.

A certain hand is caressing her cheeks and that makes him on guard despite his condition as he averts his attention to the owner of the unwanted hand. The strawberry blonde male gave him the most mocking smile he could muster that makes Karma regain his strength just to swat the hand away.

Gakushuu realises what Karma is trying to do and pulls his hands back and raises them up in a defensive position. Karma's golden eyes are as offensive as ever and Gakushuu couldn't help but scoff. Don't try to be the hero when you're not in the shape, Akabane. Gakushuu thought as he watches Karma struggle to sit up. Gakushuu didn't move to help Karma at all since he knows helping the great Akabane is going to cause a huge dent in the red haired's pride. They are somewhat rivals at war for the same girl.

"I can't believe you're the first person I see when I wake up." Karma said, not bothering to sugar coat the disappointment in his voice.

"Even if I were the one to help you escape? How cold, Akabane." Gakushuu said, crossing his arms over his chest.

Karma smiles his mocking signature smile. It's a wonder to Gakushuu how such a heavily wounded person be so confident and full of pride like Karma. "Aren't you just afraid you're going to be hated by Hime for causing all of this? Think about it, Hime does love me more after all." Karma brags and to his surprise, Gakushuu just shrugs and rolls his eyes.

"I won't fight in a game where I know I'll lose, Akabane. But doesn't mean I'll stop loving her and it certainly doesn't mean I'll give up on her." Gakushuu said and Karma raises his eyebrows. Karma knows that Gakushuu is enticing him to a fight again and Karma is definitely allured. And this doesn't go unnoticed by gakushuu either. He smirks as he knows he has the upper hands when it comes to Hime. "I mean, I thought I would until I kissed her yesterday." Gakushuu smirks, caressing Hime's cheek again.

"Get your hands off her." Karma growls, her voice deepens significantly and has chin down low.

"Why should I? Hime is mine. We both know this." Gakushuu drops his hands and looks at Karma.

"And Hime has always been mine. Everyone knows this." Karma challenges. "And so what if you kissed her. That's the last time you'll ever feel her lips. Just so you know, I'm not willing to just give her up anymore." Karma said and Gakushuu chuckles a little. It fazed him to see how deep Karma feels about Hime.

"Relax. She didn't even reply my kiss." Gakushuu said, running his fingers through his hair. He sighs as he watches Hime sleeps. He gently adjusts the position of her head so it wouldn't cause problems for her later today. "Look, Akabane. I'm here because I want to apologise for everything. And remember what I told you in the woods? She didn't fall on her knees to form an agreement with me. It was just a goad." Karma can tell his rival is frustrated based on the way Gakushuu looks away and refuses to make eye contact with him. Karma can also make out the dark circles underneath Gakushuu's eyes and his slightly red sclera. In a way, Karma understands that this has never been easy on the poor president. But that doesn't mean Karma can easily forgive him.

"And why should I believe you?" Karma questions, raising his chin as a sign that he's looking down on gakushuu.

"Because I'm different from the principal. Sort of." Gakushuu said, yawning. "I'm not even sure if I am. I have not been sleeping since the day you guys got caught." Gakushuu admits. Although it surprises Karma a little to think Gakushuu lost 2 nights worth of sleep over something like this. And looking at Gakushuu now pisses him off.