Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Ingredients:

1. 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts

2. 19 ozs enchilada sauce

3. 2 cups shredded cheese

4. 8 flour tortillas

5. 1 can refried beans

Directions:

1. Cooke and shred the chicken. I do this by boiling a large pot of water and cooking the chicken breasts in water for about 30 minutes until cooked through. Then I shred the chicken with 2 forks. You can do this ahead of time.

2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place a few spoonfuls of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a glass square baking dish (mine was 9x9) to prevent sticking. Place 2 tortillas in the bottom of the dish, overlapping to cover the entire surface. Layer the beans, chicken, cheese, sauce, and tortillas; repeat once to make a total of 2 layers. For me this was about 1/3 cup refried beans, 1 cup of chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, and about 3/4 cup enchilada sauce in each layer.

3. Cover the top with the remaining enchilada sauce and 1 cup cheese. Cover the baking dish with well-oiled aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove foil and back uncovered for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is starting to brown and sauce is bubbling.

4. Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving (otherwise it will be a soupy mess - delicious, but not ideal). Top with sliced green onions or cilantro.

Hey! So, there are some 1st person pronouns in this one, because the app (Yummly), they are from actual people, so they make the recipes like from their point of view, so sorry guys! Love all y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vote and comment!