Home-Style Turkey Potpie

Ingredients:
For the crust:
1. 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2. 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
4. 1/8 teaspoon salt
5. 1/4 cup low-fat milk
6. 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
For the filling:
1. 2 teaspoons olive oil
2. 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
3. 3 large carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
4. 3 celery ribs, diced (about 1 cup)
5. 1/2 cup chopped onion
6. 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
7. 1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
8. 1/3 cup nonfat half-and-half or low-fat evaporated milk
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. To prepare the crust, combine 1 cup of the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the milk and butter and mix with a spoon just until dough comes together. Gently knead 3 to 4 times until it is soft and uniform. Dust the top and bottom with 1 tablespoon of the flour and roll or pat the dough to cover a 2-quart round casserole dish.
3. To make the filling, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, carrots, celery, and onions, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until slightly tender. Crush the thyme with your fingers and stir into the sauce. Pour the chicken broth into the pan and bring to a simmer.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk and cornstarch until smooth. Add to the broth mixture to thicken. Add the peas and green beans to the pot, stir, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the turkey and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish. Cover with the crust and crimp the edges. Brush the top with the beaten egg white.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crush is golden brown. Allow to set for 10 minutes before serving.

~~~~A/N~~~~~
HEY GUYS! I hope that you guys really enjoy this one!!! I got this recipe from a book called "Eat what you Love" by Marlene Koch. It's a great book that has great recipes in it!
You guys should really check it out! It's got over 300 amazing recipes and things to make.
Anyways, if you guys want anything specific. Please comment or indox me. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments. I want to make things that you guys want to hear! So please, do not be shy.
I love you all so much!!! Until next time.
~Cody ❤️