Ma's Meatloaf

Meatloaf:

1/2 bunch Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley (Sub Italian parsley)

2 tsps Kosher Salt

1 1/2 lbs 80% Lean Ground Beef

3/4 cup Plain Breadcrumbs (Sub Italian seasoning)

1 tsp Ground Fennel

1/2 cup Carrot (Large)

1/2 cup Ketchup (Chef prefers Heinz)

1 tsp Freshley Ground Black Pepper

1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (Recommends Lea and Perrins)

1 tbsp Fresh Oregano (Sub dried, but use half the amount)

1 Small Yellow Onion (Spanish Onion)

1 Garlic Clove

1/2 tsp Chili Flake (Red Pepper Flakes)

1 Large Egg

Mashed Potatoes

5 Yukon Gold Potatoes (Sub russet potatoes)

3 tbsps Kosher Salt

3 tbsps Unsalted Butter

1/4 cup Whole Milk

1/2 cup Heavy Cream (Heavy Whipping Cream)

Green Beans

1/4 cup Kosher Salt

1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper

1 lb Green Beans

2 tbsps Butter

Tools:

Large Bowl

Small Pot with Fitting Lid

Measuring Cups

Measuring Spoons (Chef uses All-Clad Stainless Steel)

Tasting Spoon

Knife

Cutting Board

8 Quart Large Pot with Fitting Lid (Chef uses All-Clad Stainless Steel)

Garbage Receptacle

Wooden Spoon

9 x 13 Baking Tray ("Meat Loaf Pan")

Colander

Meat Thermometer (Optional)

Recipe:

Step 1: Boil Mashers, Make Meatloaf: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cut 5 Yukon gold potatoes in quarters and place in a large pot with enough lukewarm water to cover by 2 inches. Bring potato water to a boil over high heat (about 20 minutes). Fill a large pot 3/4 of the way with water to liberally cover the beans and bring to a boil, covered (about 20 minutes). Add 3 tbsps kosher salt to the potatoes. Add 11/12 lbs ground beef into a large bowl along with 1/2 tsp chili flakes and 1 tsp ground fennel and 1 tbsp oregano leaves picked from the stem. Add 11/2 tsps kosher salt and crack 1 egg and add to mixing bowl. Add 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs to the mixing bowl. Peel and mince 1 yellow onion and 1/2 large carrot and add to bowl. Then add 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup ketchup to mixing bowl. Crack 1 tsp black pepper into bowl along with 1/2 bunch fresh picked and chopped parsley. Then peel and mince 1 garlic clove (optionally using a little salt to help mince) and add to bowl. Now mix all ingredients thoroughly with your hands, or a wooden spoon. Shape the meat mixture into a cylinder, 3 1/2-4 inch wide by 10 inch long on the 9x13 baking tray and add 1/2 cup ketchup on top and slather. Then place tray in oven and bake for 35 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperatures of 150 degrees F.

Step 2: Cook green beans: Once potato water is boiling, reduce to a medium-low flame and simmer until fork tender, about 25 minutes. Once bean water is boiling, add 1/4 cup salt into the water, and lower bean water to a medium flame for about 21 minutes. While potatoes are cooking, wash and remove stems from 1 lb green beans, discarding the stems.

Step 3: Finish veggies, rest meatloaf: Once potatoes are done cooking, drain them in colander and allow to dry completely. Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/4 cup whole milk to the empty potato pot. Then add in 3 tbsps butter and turn on the stove to a medium-high flame. Return bean water to high flame with the lid on. Return potatoes to the pot with the dairy while they are still hot, lowering the flame, and mash them with a wooden spoon, whisk or potato masher until relatively smooth. Add 2 tsps kosher salt and continue to mash. Remove meatloaf from oven, making sure it has not shrunken and there is some liquid on the pan. Let cook for 7-10 minutes before removing the pan, slicing and serving. Add the green beans to the water and cook until tender (4-5 minutes). Drain beans with colander and return beans to pot with the flame off. Then add 2 tbsps butter with 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper and mix until melted. Plate and serve beans, meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

~~~A/N~~~

Hey y'all! I am so sorry that I haven't updated in about forever. I have really busy with school, work, home life, and just trying to get back on track of something. Lol. Anyways, I will try my best ot update more often. I know that I say that a lot, but I am really going to try and give you guys the best that I can. 

I do have a question for you, what kind of recipes would you like to see? Desserts? Appetizers? Dinners? Tell me! At this point I am just trying to give you guys recipes that I'm guessing you'll like.

Anyways, I will talk to you guys very soon. I promise. I love y'all.

Cody <3