All-American Mac & Cheese

Mac N Cheese:

2 tbsps All-Purpose Flour

3 tbsps Kosher Salt

1 tsp Garlic Powder

1 tsp Onion Powder

1 tsp Paprika

1/2 tsp Black Powder

12 oz Elbow macaroni (Sub favorite pasta shape)

1/3 cup Plain Breadcrumbs

1 tomato Large Beefsteak Tomato

10 oz Sharp Cheddar (Sub favorite cheese)

2 tbsps Unsalted Butter

2 cups Whole Milk (Sub skim)

Tools:

Wooden Spoon

Colander

Small Whisk

Medium Mixing Bowl

Large Cheese Grater

Medium Sized Baking Dish (Sub casserole)

Medium Pot (5 qt)

Small 2qt Pot with Tight Fitting Lid

Medium 5qt Pot

Cutting Board

Knife

Tasting Spoon

Measuring Spoons (Chef uses All-Clad Stainless Steel)

Measuring Cups

Step 1: Heat water, make roux, grate cheese: Bring a medium pot of water to a rolling boil over a high flame. Warm 2 cups milk in a small pot over medium-low flame being careful not to scorch it. Grate 10 oz cheese with the largest setting. Melt 2 tbsps butter in a medium pot over medium heat, whisk in 2 tbsps flour to make a blond roux and cook, stirring constantly until a gentle nutty aroma wafts up and the flour just begins to brown.

Step 2: Make bechamel, cook pasta: Add 2 tbsps salt to the pasta water and cook 12 oz macaroni stirring frequently according to the instructions on the box until fully cooked then drain. Whisk the warm milk, 1 tbsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp onion powder, and 1 tsp garlic powder into the roux and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Turn off the flame and whisk in 2/3 of the grated cheese.

Step 3: Slice tomato and prepare topping: Mix the remaining cheese with 1/3 cup breadcrumbs. Core and thinly slice 1 tomato.

Step 4: Building mac & cheese, top, & broil: Preheat the oven to broil. When the cheese mixture is smooth and creamy add the macaroni and stir to mix then scoop into the baking dish. If using a separate baking dish or casserole pan, butter with 1 tbsp butter. Arrange the sliced tomatoes over the top, cover with the breadcrumbs and cheese mixture and toast under the broiler until golden brown melted and crispy (about 3 minutes).

~~A/N~~

Hey! I hope that you guys like this recipe. I mean, who doesn't like mac and cheese? Haha.

Thank you for all the support and love that you guys continue to show. It really does mean a lot more than you know.

Anyways, I hope that you guys have a great day/evening/night. Depending on where you live and what time it is there.

Love you,

Cody <3