Pork Cutlets with Spicy Noodles

Ingredients:

1. 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth

2. 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced

3. 1/2 pound udon noodles

4. 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps sliced

5. 1 red jalapeño pepper, sliced

6. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour

7. 1 large egg, beaten

8. 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs

9. 4 thin pork cutlets (about 3/4 pound total)

10. Kosher salt and black pepper

11. 2 tablespoons canola oil

12. 2 scallions, sliced

Directions:

1. In a large pot, bring the broth and ginger to a boil. Add the noodles and cook, stirring often, until the broth is nearly absorbed and the noodles are al dente, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the mushrooms and jalapeño, reduce heat, and simmer until the mushrooms are just tender, 1 to 2 minutes more.

2. Meanwhile, place the flour, egg, and panko in separate shallow bowls. Season the pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Coat with the flour (tapping off any excess), dip in the egg (shaking off any excess), then coat with the panko, pressing gently to help it adhere.

3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Slice and serve over the noodles; sprinkle with the scallions.

~~~A/N~~~

Hey guys! I know that it's been a minute, and I'm sorry. I realize that I keep telling you guys that I'm going to update and then I never do. I'm really sorry but thank you to those of you who keep coming back. 

I just got home from the beach, so I am going to try my best to update more. Again, I don't update for a while, then I am really sorry. I'm just busy and have a lot going on at the moment. 

I love you guys and again, thank you for sticking around to those of you who have stayed.

Cody <3