Italian Chopped Salad

Salad:

1 head Romaine Heart

1/4 head Broccoli

1 Hothouse Cucumber (English cucumber)

3 Radishes

1/2 lb Provolone Cheese (Optional if vegan)

10 Pitted Kalamata Olives

1 Hass Avocado (Sub any kind of avocado)

1-15 oz can Cooked Garbanzo Beans (Chef recommends Goya)

1 Carrot (Large)

1 head of Radicchio

1 pint Cherry Tomatoes

3 oz Dried Salami (Chef recommends Soppressata Italian style. Optional if vegan)

Dressing:

1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper

2 tsps Kosher Salt (Sub any)

5 tbsps Olive Oil

1 tbsp Dijon Mustard

1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar (Sub regular white vinegar or red wine vinegar)

1 Lemon (juice of)

5 sprigs Fresh Oregano (Sub dried, but use half the amount)

1 tbsp Braggs Liquid Amino Acid

Tools:

Strainer

Garbage Receptacle

Can Opener

Large Bowl (Chef uses All-Clad brand)

Cutting Board

Knife

Tasting Spoon

Measuring Spoons (Chef uses All-Clad Stainless Steel)

Peeler

Glass Jar (Alternatively use: whisk and small bowl)

Step 1: Cut & prep veggies: Peel and dice 1 hothouse cucumber and 1 carrot, adding both to a mixing bowl. Dice 1 romaine heart, discarding any dark, bitter outer leaves, 1 head of radicchio, 1/4 head of broccoli and add to mixing bowl. Then chop and add 3 radishes, 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half, and 10 kalamata olives. Dice 3 oz dried salami and 1/2 lb provolone cheese into 1/2 inch cubes and add to mixing bowl. Then open 1-15 oz can garbanzo beans and drain the liquid with the strainer (or just the top of the can) and add to mixing bowl. Peel and dice 1 avocado, discarding the pit and peel and gently mix in with the rest of the ingredients. 

Step 2: Make vinaigrette, dress salad, serve: Cut and juice 1 lemon and add to jar. Then add 1 tbsp of dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp of black pepper and 2 tsps salt. Then add 1 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tbsp Braggs liquid amino acid, 5 tbsps olive oil and shake the jar. Then pick and chop 5 sprigs of oregano and add to the vinaigrette. Shake the closed jar well to mix. Dress the salad to taste, starting with 2/3rd of the vinaigrette, tasting before adding more. Plate and serve.

~~A/N~~

Hey loves! How are y'all doing? I really hope that you guys are enjoying these recipes that I'm putting up.

Of course you guys know that I'm getting these recipes from websites/apps. But I really do hope that you guys are finding recipes that you think are easy and fun to make. Making recipes isn't just about getting to make the good food, it's also about having fun. Believe that or not, but having fun is in the process too.

I love you guys, and I hope that you have a great day/night/evening.

Love you,

Cody <3