Linguine & Clam Sauce

Clams: 

3/4 cup Dry White Wine (Chef suggests Sauvignon Blanc)

6 Garlic Cloves

5 tbsps Olive Oil

1 tsp Kosher Salt

1/2 tsp Chili Flakes (Red Pepper Flakes)

20 Littleneck Clams (In the shell, or other small clam)

Pasta:

1/4 bunch Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley

1/4 cup Kosher Salt

1/2 lb Linguine

Tools:

Measuring Cups

Colander

Wooden Spoon

Large Bowl

Large Pot With Lid (Chef uses All-Clad brand)

Knife

Measuring Spoons

Cutting Board

Tasting Spoon

Large, shallow sided, wide-bottomed pot (aka braiser or saute pan)

2 Spoons (Or tongs, for serving)

Recipe:

Step 1: Bring a large pot of hot water to a boil over a high flame, about 12 minutes. Meanwhile, soak 20 littleneck clams in ice-cold water, discarding any open or foul-smelling ones, pick and thinly slice 1/4 bunch parsley and peel and finely slice 6 garlic cloves. Set veggies aside and open a bottle of dry white wine ready to use for the pasta.

Step 2: Make sauce, cook linguine & clams: Add 1/4 cup of salt to the boiling water and then add 1/2 lb linguine, giving it a stir and cook until slightly underdone (about 7 minutes). Meanwhile, place a large saucepan over medium-low heat, and add 5 tbsps olive oil and chopped garlic before the oil gets hot. Sauté gently, reducing heat if necessary so the garlic doesn't burn (about 5 minutes). Then add 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp chili flakes. Add 3/4 cup dry white wine and cleaned clams to saucepan, and cover with a tight-fitting lid, occasionally shaking the pot to make sure all clams are evenly cooking. Clams should open in about 3 minutes. Drain pasta into a colander and let rest until the clams are ready.

Step 3: Finish linguine & serve: Once clams have opened, add 1/4 bunch parsley and mix. Add pasta to the pan with clams and stir. Allow to simmer for another 3-4 minutes until it is done to taste, stirring occasionally so the pasta doesn't stick to the pan. Plate and serve!

~~A/N~~

Hey guys! How have you been? I know it's crazy that I've been able to update a lot sooner than I have recently. I just had enough time in my day and I wanted to give you guys another option as to what to eat.

Speaking of other options, do you guys like the new format of the way that I'm distributing the recipes? Or do you want me to go back to the original way I was doing them? Please let me know in the comments or indox me privately if you don't feel like sharing your opinions to where other people could read them.

Well, hopefully, I am able to update again soon. Thank you for your continuing support and love that you guys are showing and have been showing.

Love you,

Cody <3