Thai Steak Salad

Salad Dressing:

2 Limes

1 tsp Dark Brown Sugar

1 Fresh Red Chili Pepper

4 tbsps Sesame Oil (Not toasted (sub vegetable oil))

Steak:

1 tsp Kosher Salt

1 Garlic Clove

1 tbsp Salad Dressing (Homemade from other ingredients)

1 - 12 oz Skirt Steak

Salad:

1/4 cup Fresh Mint

1/2 Romaine Heart

1/2 pint Cherry Tomatoes

1/4 bunch Fresh Cilantro

1/2 Small Red Onion

1/2 bunch Watercress

1/2 English Cucumber

2 tsps Fish Sauce

1/2 cup Roasted, Salted Peanuts

Tools:

Cast Iron Pan

Knife

Cutting Board (Wood)

Whisk

Mixing Bowl

Metal Fork (Sub tongs)

Peeler

Measuring Spoons

Measuring Cups

Lime Squeezer

Step 1: Make dressing & marinate the steak: Season 1 12 oz skirt steak with 1 tsp salt and set aside. Thinly chop 1 garlic clove and place in mixing bowl. Thinly slice 1 fresh red chili pepper and add in mixing bowl. Then juice 2 limes and whisk all ingredients in bowl with 4 tbsps sesame oil and 2 tsps fish sauce in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp dark brown sugar and whisk together. Then, thinly slice ends of 1/4 bunch cilantro stems and add to dressing. Season steak with 2 tbsps marinade.

Step 2: Cook & rest steak, prep veggies: Heat cast iron pan over high heat until just smoking. Stem and chop 1/4 bunch cilantro leaves and 1/4 cup mint leaves. Then chop 1/2 romaine heart into thin strips and add to salad bowl along with the chopped cilantro leaves, and mint leaves. Carefully place the steak in the pan, laying it down away from you and cook over a high flame for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Once done cooking, let rest for about 6 minutes. Peel and slice 1/2 cucumber into thin 1/2 rounds on the bias. Then flip steak to other side and add cucumbers to salad bowl. Thinly slice 1/2 red onion, add to salad bowl, then take steak off stove to rest. Chop 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes in half and add to bowl. Chop 1/2 cup peanuts for garnish.

Step 3: Cut steak, dress salad, & serve: Toss salad with some of the vinaigrette. Then chop 1/2 bunch watercress and add to salad and toss. Add more vinaigrette if necessary. Cut the steak into 1 inch cubes and plate salad on plate. Top salad with chopped steak and chopped peanuts.

~~A/N~~

Hey guys! I hope that everyone is doing wonderfully. I want to be able to give you guys a lot of options for what to make for your family, or just for you. 

I love you guys so much! Thank you always for supporting me and just being the beautiful human beings that you are.

I will definitely update more and try to give you more and more options.

Love you,

Cody <3