St. Patricks Day Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!!! So if your looking for that one recipe to make your day, here it is!

Ingredients:

1) 1 cup butter

2) 1 1/2 cups sugar

3) 1 1/2 tsps baking powder

4) 1/2 tsp salt

5) 1 egg

6) 1 tsp mint extract

7) 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

8) 3 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder

9) 8 green gel food coloring

10) 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

1) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the wire attachment butter on medium speed until fluffy, about 30-40 seconds.

2) Scrape the bowl, and whisk in sugar, salt, baking powder and mint extract. Scrape the bowl as needed and beat until combined. Beat in the egg and when combined, replace the wire attachment with the paddle attachment and gently beat in flour. If the dough is too soft, and 1/2 cup of flour. The dough must have the texture of play dough.

3) Divide the dough in half, and using a spatula, knead in the green food coloring in one half.

4) Add the remaining half to the bowl of a mixer and gently beat in cocoa powder until fully combined.

5) Roll the dough into two bowls, cover in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes so it's easier to work with.

6) Cover your working area with one layer of plastic wrap, 15-16 inches long. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and unwrap. 

7) Place the green dough ball onto the plastic wrap on the counter, flatten it and using a rolling pin shape it into a rectangular, about 10x9. Repeat with the chocolate dough ball, but make the rectangular one inch smaller.

8) Transfer the chocolate rectangle onto the green rectangle. It's ok if the dough tears down in some spots, use your fingers to shape it. The dough must be soft and easy to work with. Press the chocolate chips into the chocolate layer.

9) The chocolate rectangle is on top of the green rectangle that sits on the plastic wrap. Using the plastic wrap lift the edge that is closer to you and start rolling the dough into a cookie roll. The dough now resembles a cookie roll covered in plastic wrap. You can shape it as a log, or make it more round, as you prefer. Secure the ends and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours.

10) The dough can be made in advance and left in the fridge overnight, or even for 2 days. When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat over to 350 degrees. Remove the cookie roll from the refrigerator and slice in 1/2 or 1/4 inch rounds.

11) Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and arrange the cookies 1 1/2 inches from each other.

12) Bake for 10 minutes. Mid baking switch the sheet trays in the oven: the upper one goes to the bottom, and the bottom one is moved up.

13) The cookies are done when the edges are firm and the bottoms light brown.

14) Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes, after that transfer to a cooking rack.

Hey guys! So, I know this update is 2 days late, I'm sorry, I have been crazy busy with school and stuff like that. But, I hope that you guys are enjoying my book. Love you guys with all my heart, I am very lucky to have all you guys!! Vote and comment.