Chapter 10

I realized I'm making Pattie sound like a bad mom in certain chapters. Whoops. It is after all a fanfiction :) :)

I wake up and stretch a little. Justin stretches next to me as well. I say "Morning." He says "Morning." We both get out of bed. Justin asks "Morning kiss?" I answer "Sure." We kiss and we go downstairs. Today has been relaxing so far. Yay.

When we walk downstairs, we grab our food then sit down. My mom says "For today, we were thinking about heading to the zoo. It's only an hour drive and it's always fun to go to and spend time at. Sure some of it is pitiful, but overall a good experience." I say "Sounds enjoyable." Justin says "Yah. It sounds fun."
We all agree to leave 15 minutes after breakfast. We all finish breakfast and we all go get dressed for the day. I pick out a white boyfriend tank top, white and turquoise tie-dye shorts, and white converse. I put on my watch, earrings, and a necklace. I put my socks on and my shoes. I grab my purse and phone also. (Below is her outfit)

I sit and wait for Justin to change

I sit and wait for Justin to change. He comes back in and grabs some shoes and socks from his suitcase. He puts them on and we head downstairs. When we arrive, we sit down because we were the first ones ready. I say "Hey. Look. We are the first ones ready. That's surprising." Justin replies "Yah. Usually we take longer to get ready. I guess we're ready for the zoo." I say "Yah. I guess we are." I hear my mom yell "Clarissa, if you are ready, can you come into the kitchen please?" I yell back "Coming." I turn to Justin and say "I guess I have to go help my mom." Justin says "I'll come in case I can help as well." I say "Ok." We walk into the kitchen to see our moms standing there talking. When they see us, my mom says "Should we bring lunch or eat lunch somewhere close to the zoo?" I say "Somewhere near the zoo because then our food will be sitting in a cooler in a hot car and it won't be the best. I understand we did it yesterday at the water place, but this is a little different. At least that is my opinion." My mom replies "I agree. I see your point about not wanting melty creepy food. Alright I'll try to find a good local place for lunch. What do you think, Justin?" Justin answers "I agree with you and Clarissa." Pattie says "Of course you do." Justin snaps back "What is that supposed to mean?" Pattie begins a mini rant by saying "You agree with everything Clarissa says. Why? Do you have a brain? I mean nothing seems to be going on in your head, except for thoughts on Clarissa. Do you disagree with her at all? I mean I see why you would agree with her this time. She is an amazing person who is super sweet. Make sure you can stand up for yourself. I'm going to go upstairs now to finish getting ready." She stomps off and leaves the room. My mom says "That was unexpected and uncalled for. I'll go talk to her about that. We'll probably leave in like 10 more minutes. I love you both." My mom then walks out the room.

I walk out and go outside. I sit down on one of the lounge chairs and I think. Does Justin really agree with everything I say? Does he only think about me and nothing else? I'm so confused. I finally realize Justin is sitting next to me with his head in his hands on his lap. Oh no. I hope he isn't crying. I start to rub his back and I lean down next to where his head is. I kiss him lightly on the cheek. That's when I notice his tears coming out of his eyes. I say "Justin, do you need a hug?" He whispers through tears "Yes." He sits up and I put my arms around him. He wraps his arms around me and puts his head on my shoulder. He rests it there. I continue to rub his back as he cries. Poor little Justin. I say "Justin, I hope you understand that if you ever disagree with me, please let me know. Explain to me and don't just go along with what I say. I'm not right all the time and I know that. Please don't be afraid of standing up to me." Justin lifts his head and he pulls his head back until we are facing each other. I feel my phone buzz and I say "Oh. It's probably my mom." I pull my phone out and I see a text from my mom. It says Honey. Tell Justin we've decided to go to the zoo tomorrow instead of today. Everyone needs a day of rest. I hope you're both doing okay. Pattie and I are going out for a calm lunch and maybe a manicure or something pampering. Love you so much!! I read it and text back Alright mom. We are doing fine thanks for asking. See you later and I love you so much.