Chapter 20

I woke up to another text from Justin. Aw he is so cute. The text says Morning! I miss you and want to talk to you later. I might have something important to say, idk yet. Glad you're doing well. I text back Thanks JB! I'm glad you're doing well too. I can't wait if you have something important to tell me.I'll text you after breakfast when I know my plans today. I then close my phone.

I walk out to the dining room. I hear a door open and Alexis comes in from her room. I say "Morning Alexis!" She replies "Morning. Okay, I feel like today I need some chocolate. I'm so glad we're going to movies later." I reply "Haha me too. I can't wait. Also, remember today you get an apartment key. Yay!" Alexis smiles and I say "Okay. What is with you? Yesterday you were talkative and today you are less talkative and you want candy." Alexis replies "Sorry. I just feel like you have everything and I have nothing. You are out there recording videos with Justin Bieber and guys just like you. What? Why can't I be you?" Oh boy. This has been building up since yesterday. Well then. I sigh and exclaim "Listen Alexis, it might seem like I have stuff going for me right now, but I didn't have much at one point. I was depressed and I have social anxiety. You can barely tell because I've been managing to talk more, but yes occasionally I feel really anxious. Also, never compare yourself to someone else. That's not what you should do. Be confident in yourself and love yourself. Now, what do you want for breakfast?" Alexis smiles and says "Thank you Clarissa. I still want something unhealthy though. Could we get manicures and pedicures today?" I reply "Sure we can. Let's see what I have." I look at the refrigerator, the freezer, and the pantry. I say "Ooh we could have smoothies with whip cream and cinnamon rolls." Alexis says "Oh yes. Let's do it." We make cinnamon rolls and smoothies. We add whip cream to the smoothies and we bring our food to the table. We set it down. We then sit down and we start eating. I ask "What color are you going to get for your nails?" Alexis replies "Ooh. I think I might do acrylic nails. Probably will get light blue. What about you?" I answer "Oh. I don't know yet." Haha. Hm... We talk about manicures and pedicures, which is fun. She tells me some fun & freaky stories about going to get her nails done. Wow. Some are super creepy.

We finish breakfast and we agree to meet after we get dressed. I take my phone and I quickly send a text to Justin about my plans for the day. He quickly responds Okay! I slip on blue jean shorts, a cute t-shirt, and my flip flops. Might as well wear flip flops if I'm going to get my nails done. Yay! I put some jewelry on and I grab my purse. She comes out her room and we head out. We get in my car and we first go get the keys. It takes about 30 minutes, which feels like forever. We get back into the car. Alexis says "Omg. This is so cool. I have my own key. Yay!" I reply "Yay. Remember not to lose it." We drive to the nail salon. We write our names down and we wait to get our nails done. We then have our turn. I decided on pink for nails. The lady doing my nails is very friendly and we talk a little, which is nice. Alexis is next to me getting her blue acrylics. Yes! We finish and we each take pictures of our nails.

((Clarissa's nails below or on next page))