Chapter 51

January 3

I lay in bed when I wake thinking... This new year is going great so far! Glad school doesn't start until next week! So happy! I finally decide to get out of bed. I walk out my room and to the kitchen. We really need to go grocery shopping. I look and I find some stuff for smoothies. This will be the last of our fruit. Now I just have to wait until Alexis wakes up, so I don't wake her with the sound of the blender.

Hm... what to do as I wait? I decide to do some dishes. For some reason, we left stuff in here for a few days. Ew! Remember to do your dishes, kids!

Alexis walks in and collapses in a chair. I say "Morning. Did you have a bad night's sleep?" She replies "I'm just tired still for some reason. Ugh!" I nod and make the smoothie. I press blend and it blends. After the smoothie is ready, I pour it into two cups and I bring them over to the table. We drink our smoothies together. She asks "What should we do today?" I answer "We need groceries. We ran out of food." She says "For real? Wow go us!" I reply "Yep. So, you in for a grocery run?" She nods and we finish our smoothies.

We both go to our rooms and change for our outing. I change into leggings and a hoodie. Why not be comfy and cute? :) I grab my purse and I walk out my room. Alexis and I go to my car. We get inside and we go to the grocery store. We walk around and we pick foods to buy. We buy a few different types of noodles, frozen veggies of all kinds, fruits, veggies, frozen apple juice, tortillas, cheese, etc... Good living! You may ask how we have money when we don't work, but it's because we saved our money and we don't spend it like crazy. I'm actually planning on doing some photoshoots soon and possibly getting a job soon. So, yay, I guess?

After we pay, we head back to our apartment. As we walk to our room, Xander and Alexander walk up. Oh no them again! Xander says "Clarissa and Alexis, the people we wanted to see actually." Huh? I ask "Why?" Alexander replies "We are throwing a mini-friend party where we invite friends and we all hang out. Are you guys interested? It's tonight at 7:00 and sorry for late notice." Alexis replies "We'll have to talk about it." Xander says "Well you hopefully have our numbers and you know where we live, so just let us know." We nod and we walk into our apartment.

We bring our groceries into the kitchen. I ask "What are we going to do about tonight?" She answers "I don't know. I really can't believe it to be honest." I reply "Well, maybe we could give them a try. After all, it's a new year and maybe they are trying to heal old relationships. If we ever want to leave, we can." She replies "Okay you make some great points. Sure, let's go tonight. Who should text them?" I reply "I can do it." I pull my phone out and I open Xander's messages. I text Alexis and I will come tonight. We might leave early if we want to, so apologies in advance. He texts back Cool and that sounds great. I then close my phone. I say "Well, they are good about us leaving whenever." She nods and asks "What do we wear?" I reply "Anything we find comfortable. Nothing revealing because we are done with them." She replies "Right right."

That night

I go to my closet and I open it. I pick out jeans and a cute sweater. Simple yet cute. I put my converse on and I grab my purse. I walk out my room and I see Alexis. She's wearing a similar outfit:) We then both walk out of our apartment and we walk down the hall. We walk to their door and we turn to each other. We deep breath and I say "We got this." She nods and she knocks on the door.

The door opens to reveal Xander and Alexander. They greet us and we walk in. Two guys and a girl are already sitting in the room. Xander says "Hey guys. This is Clarissa and Alexis." They all wave and they introduce themselves. The girl is Cassie and she is in our English class. Never thought she would be friends with them. Hm...

Cassie says "Clarissa and Alexis. Who knew we have similar friends? Wow." I reply "Yeah so crazy." Cassie asks "How long have you been friends with Xander and Alexander?" Alexis replies "We met them over summer and we became friends with them. How did you meet them?" She exclaims "How cool. They are in one of my classes, so that's where I met them. Is it true that you both are their exes?" I ask "Is that what they are spreading everywhere?" She answers "Well no, but I saw them out at a club and I assumed you were over." Alexis nods and replies "Yeah we are their exes. Do you want to date them?" She replies  "Nah they are like brothers to me. I have a crush on a different guy." Alexis replies "Ooh la la. Where do you find your guys?" Cassie laughs and replies "Doctor & veterinarian classes." I smile and ask "Are you going to be a doctor or veterinarian?" She answers "Vet because I have always loved pets ever since I was little. It's my dream job." Alexis replies "Wow you had practical dream job growing up." We all smile. I hear "Ladies, stop your yammering. Come eat." We all follow them into the kitchen. As food is going out, I walk over to Xander. I say "Xander, I must say your place came together well. It seems weird to me that I barely came here after the last few months." He replies "Thanks Clarissa. Glad you enjoy our apartment." To be real, I think their place is very simple and boy-ish. You can see trash overflowing, dishes overflowing, and lots of junk food. You'd they might want to eat decent. Haha! I exclaim "I take it your New Years Resolution was not to eat healthier." He laughs and replies "Gosh no. The program Alexander and I are doing is starting a strict diet of confining stuff soon though." Alexander walked up as he was speaking. Alexander adds "Yeah I can't wait for more later nights and less food. Yay go us. Living the dream." I reply "It will all pay off once you graduate and you each become the best doctors around." Xander replies "Their little Clarissa is. Thank you." Alexander says "Yeah thanks for the confidence Clarissa. Shall we all go get food?" Xander says "I'm surprised you haven't gotten any yet." Alexander laughs and says "I wanted to wait a second." We all walk over and we get food. We all then walk into the dining room. The table has four decent sized benches.