Chapter 43

Skip to December 5... It's Friday before the break. After the last class of finals!!!!

After classes, Xander and I get home as fast as we can. We have to finish packing our stuff for tomorrow morning. We are leaving to go to Park City, Utah with Justin and Hailey. Yep pretty crazy right? Justin asked me if this sounded fun and Xander thought it sounded like a cool thing to do. I mean, it will also be our first trip as a couple, which is cool.

I run into my apartment and into my room. I start grabbing all the fuzzy socks and everything else I bought. By the way, I've never been snowboarding before, so there's that. Luckily, Justin was texting me lists of what to bring. He is so sweet and I'm so thankful to have such a great friend like him. Hailey has been texting me as well and she told me she has never been either. We agreed to both try it out and if we don't like it, we can hang in the resort as the boys board. (Haha)

I clean my room up and I walk out back to the dining room. Alexis says "Clarissa, I'm so sad you're leaving for Utah so soon after the break started. I feel like all of you are going to have so much fun. Do you know if you will be coming back to the apartment when you get back or are you headed to your parent's place?" I reply "I'll be here for like a week when I get back. Then, I'm spending a week with my family after that. What are your plans?" She nods and answers "Well Alexander and I are going on a trip as well. It's smaller and he said it is a surprise. We leave tomorrow as well, but not too early." I smile and say "Sounds like fun. What are we planning for dinner?" She replies "I bought some soup and some bread earlier." Ooh yes!! She shows me the soup and we decide to warm some up. She got potato soup, which is really good. I pour myself a bowl and I warm it up. When it's done, I carefully take it out and I take the bread out. I cut some bread and I put it on little plates for us. Alexis grabs the Coca Cola from the fridge and brings it to the table. We set our food down. I take a picture of the food on Snapchat and I caption it Dinner Time! Yes! ((Picture next page))

 I take a picture of the food on Snapchat and I caption it Dinner Time! Yes! ((Picture next page))

I then set my phone down and I start eating dinner. Alexis and I chat as we eat dinner. I'm so glad Alexis is my roommate, she is awesome!!! Sure we have had a few arguments, but overall it's all good.

After dinner, we clean up the table and the kitchen. We wash dishes and we put them in the dishwasher. Since we are going out of town tomorrow, we need to clean this place up.

We each grab a bag of cookies and we head to the living room. We turn the tv on and we open Netflix. We decide to watch Clueless ((sadly not on Netflix anymore)). ((Trailer next page))

We laugh and eat our cookies as we enjoy the movie. After the movie finishes, my phone starts buzzing. I check it and it's Xander. Huh? I say "I'll be back Alexis. Xander is calling me." She says "Okay." I walk out the living room to my bedroom and I answer it.