Chapter 66: LA Trip: Day 4

Sunday June 4

I wake up to the sun shining and I roll over. I grab my phone and I check the time. It's 10! Oh I have to get up and start getting ready. I have to leave by 10:30 to get to the airport on time.

I roll to a sitting position on the bed and I look at Justin. I don't know if I should wake him up or not. I guess I should since I won't be here this whole week. I lightly shake him and he groans. He says "What?" I reply "Morning to you too. I'm leaving in 30 minutes and I won't be here at home until the 10th." He shoots straight up to sit and asks "Did you just call this place home?" I answer "Yeah Justin. I did call this home." He gives me a big hug and says "Yes yes. Clarissa, you just made my day better. You calling this home gives me reassurance you love me." I reply "Of course I love you silly." He replies "Okay. Let's go eat breakfast then." We get off the bed and head downstairs.

We sit at the table and we eat breakfast. Justin asks "What are you going to take your friends to do?" I answer "The beach for sure, exploring downtown Los Angeles, Disneyland, and Universal. At least those are some ideas." He replies "Wow you have fun. Now don't get sick of Disney and Universal because I want to take you there as well. You know, we can get matching Disney Mickey Mouse ears if we go." I smile and reply "Well I'll look forward to it."

After breakfast, I change into day clothes which consist of a slouchy sweater, jean shorts, and short boots.

I walk out and I grab my duffel bag. I bring it along with my purse and camera bag downstairs. I walk out and I toss it in the back of my car. I lock my door and I walk inside the house. I have 5 minutes until I have to leave for the airport. I walk around looking for Justin. I find him outside and I say "Justin, I have 5 more minutes until I have to go." He gets on his knees and says "Please don't go." I reply "I have to go with friends, but I'll see you at the meetings everyday. I love you forever." He replies "Love you too." We kiss goodbye and I wave.

I leave the house and I get in my car. I start driving out the parking lot and to the airport.

I text GirlTrip Groupchat On the way? Which airline are you guys?
They text back American Airlines!

I keep driving and I turn on some music. I arrive at the airport and I pull in the American Airlines area.

I see my friends and I pull in front of them. I stop the car and I run out. I hug them all and we put their bags up. We get inside and I start driving. I say "First I was thinking pizza. Anyone disagree?" No one disagrees and I start driving.

We pull into a pizza place and I park. I order and buy two pizzas. We bring them outside to the brick wall where we can sit. I set up my camera on a timer for a picture. It snaps a few and they turn out great.

We continue eating lunch. I exclaim "So, I know you guys might be tired from a long flight, so that leaves me to wonder what to do." No one can decide so I ask "Want to buy a box of cupcakes for later or now?" They all nod and we get up. We toss one box away and we pack the rest in the other box. We put the pizza box in the car and we walk to the cupcake shop. We buy four cupcakes for later. We bring them back to the car and we put them inside.

I notice they seem tired, so I ask "Want to head to the hotel to relax tonight? We can all talk, eat pizza for dinner and eat cupcakes for dessert. We can even play a game or two." They all agree and we get in my car.

I text Justin So, my friends are being weird and I miss you. What do I do?
He texts back Come over! I'll get them excited for Los Angeles and I'll give you a hug. Please?!?
I text back Okay sure. Please actually pump them up though no trying to kiss me.
He texts back One kiss?
I text back Since you asked-you can have two kisses.
He texts back Hurry then.