Chapter 41

Back to Clarissa's POV- Friday After Class

Xander drives me back to the apartment and informs me that our date tomorrow will be amazing. I'm so excited! I have no idea what he has planned, but it is making me so excited.

We arrive at the apartment complex and we get out. I kiss Xander bye and I walk inside my apartment. I see Alexis laying on the couch eating chips while watching tv. I toss my backpack in my room and I kick off my shoes. I walk back out to the living room and I sit next to her. She leans the bag over to me and I eat some as well.

I ask "So, what are we watching?" She answers "Entertainment Tonight. I don't even know why I'm watching, but I mean it's so stupid and it's addicting." I laugh and I watch it with her. It's funny watching it with Alexis because when people come on screen, she starts ranting about their look and how they should fix their life. She literally was like "You see, this girl needs to realize she is too young for make-up and boys. She needs to calm her f***ing self down and chill. Like wtf?" I started laughing and she laughed at me. Then, there's a segment on Justin and his issues. Oh no. The lady announces "So, Justin Bieber has been up to a lot recently. I mean, he has his friend over last weekend and then this week, he is spotted at clubs with Hailey Baldwin. Hm... what's going on?" The guy answers "Well he's Justin Bieber and he is a young adult." The lady agrees and they keep talking.

I notice Alexis has gone quiet. I turn to her and I ask "Why did you go quiet?" She answers "Well, I know you and Justin are on good terms. I didn't want to insult him and make you mad or something." Oh how considerate. I thank her and we keep watching. I eventually get up and I go to my room.

I check the time to see what I want to do to get ready for tonight. I decide to take a shower, so I can feel clean. I text Xander Casual? Dressy? Can't wait for tonight. I then plug my phone in. I go into my bathroom and I lock the door. I then take a shower.

After the shower, I blow dry my hair and I brush it out. Hair is literally annoying sometimes, but I do my best to take care of it. I put my clothes back on until I choose what to wear. I see he texted back. He said Dressy & See you tonight! I text back Thanks:)

I'm so happy with him. Sometimes I have that feeling like I'm falling in love. I get that it's only been a few weeks, but what if I am? Hm....

I walk to my closet and I look through my dresses. As I'm looking through my dresses, Alexis walks in and says "I say go with the royal blue dress. I think it would look perfect for tonight since it's special." Why does she want to give me outfit advice? Although I really like that blue dress.

I decide to wear the royal blue dress that comes to my knee. I have to change my undergarments since this dress has tank top straps. I put the dress on and I then pick out jewelry. I put on some make-up, but not too much. I spray perfume and then I pack a purse. I put on gold sandals and I check the time. He'll be here any minute now. I take a few selfies since I feel confident. I also take some pictures in the mirror. Why not love yourself sometimes?

I walk into the living room and I see Alexis. I ask "So, you and Alexander aren't doing anything?" She looks up at me and answers "I'm going over later to spend the night. We wanted to have a lowkey date because last weekend we went out. It was really crazy. You look beautiful tonight. I hope Xander can tell." I reply "Thanks Alexis." The doorbell rings and I skip over to it. I open it to reveal Xander wearing slacks and a blue button down shirt. Ooh we match. Haha! I walk outside and I close the door behind me. Xander exclaims "You look beautiful tonight Clarissa. I like that we match. I have something for you." He pulls a blue flower from behind his back and he holds it out to me. I smile and laugh. I answer "You look handsome tonight. Thanks for the flower. Should I go put it inside?" He replies "Thanks and you can bring it in the car." He puts his arms around my waist and we kiss.