Chapter 28

I wake up hearing an alarm go off and I see an arm wrapped around my waist. The light is coming through the blinds and curtains on the window, so I can see Xander. Oh my little cutie. Xander groans and says "Ugh. Why are alarms so annoying?" I reply "Morning to you two." He reaches over and turns his alarm off. He then says "Since I spent the night, we technically have a few more minutes of relaxation because now I don't have to pick you up before we go. I liked sleeping in this bed with you. I was at peace during my sleep and it felt great." I reply "I liked it too." Xander puts his arm over his eyes and lays there. Okay why doesn't he want to get up. I decide to surprise & get him up, so I lean over his lips and I kiss him. He doesn't respond at first because he is surprised, but soon enough he kisses back. I pull away after a few seconds and I say "Come on. Get up. Let's get some breakfast." Xander replies "I don't want to get up though." Ugh why are boys so annoying the morning? None of them ever want to get up in the morning, except my brother. He pops right up and starts doing chores. I'm always surprised. Xander snaps his fingers and I'm back from my thoughts. Whoops. I didn't realize that I went into my own little world. Xander exclaims "Clarissa, where did you go?" I smile and reply "Into my thoughts is where I went. Sorry I got sidetracked." He laughs and he rolls off the bed onto his feet. He holds his hand out and I take it. I get off my bed and we walk into the kitchen.

Once we enter the kitchen, Xander says "Okay what do you have here in this apartment?" I reply "Croissants, bagels, cereal, eggs, probably biscuit and pancake mix. Oh and fruit and fruit to use for smoothies. What do you usually like to eat for breakfast?" He replies "Wow. I like this place already. I mean wow to the food options. We have like nothing. I'm not even kidding." I hear the front door open & I see Alexander and Alexis walk in. Huh? What are they doing here? I move closer to Xander and he smiles at me. Idk what Alexis will try to do or what she will do or even what she will say.

Alexis walks into the kitchen with Alexander following her. Alexis says "They have nothing at their apartment to eat, so we came over. What are you guys having?" Xander replies "We haven't decided what to have yet. Clarissa was just telling me options." Alexis replies "Okay well, Clarissa, do you want to split a smoothie & have croissants?" I reply "Sure. What about the boys?" She responds "Uh... you guys can have anything. What do you want?" Alexander replies "If you have bagels, I'll take a bagel." Xander agrees "I'll have a bagel too." I walk over to the bread area and I show them the bagels. I say "One or two and what do you want on them?" They both agree to have two bagels each and they'll put cream cheese on it themselves. I put bagels on plates and I hand them out. I give Alexis her croissant and I put mine on the table. I take out the smoothie stuff and I make a smoothie. It blends and I pour it into cups. I bring them over to the table and I sit down in my spot. Why the heck did I do all that work for everyone? Why did Alexis decide not to help? Oh well I guess that's how she is now. Xander says "Thanks for breakfast Clarissa." Ok at least he said thank you. I'm not surprised he said thanks first though. Alexander says "Yeah thank you." Alexis finally adds "Thanks." I reply "You're welcome." We keep eating and we all finish soon-ish.

I walk to my room and I grab another simple dress. I walk into the bathroom and I change. Ugh I miss Justin. We wouldn't have to deal with all of this. Ugh. Why is my life confusing and weird? I walk out the bathroom and back into my room. Xander is sitting on my bed. He stands up and walks to me. He says "I want to ask you if you need a hug because Alexis was mean. She bossed you around and I felt horrible. Also, you look beautiful. So, want a hug?" I nod and he wraps his arms around me. I say "Thank you for the hug and for calling me beautiful. Also, I'm glad you said thank you first earlier. I kind of guessed you would." He replies "Welcome babe. I know manners. The other two apparently don't. Alright, I'm going to go change." He leaves the hug and goes to change in the bathroom. Meanwhile, I get my stuff together and I put it by my door. I put on some jewelry while Xander walks back in. I finish and I see his outfit. He has jeans and a t-shirt on, but he looks really good. I say "You look really good today Xander." He smirks and replies "I try my best. Thanks." I smile and I put my shoes on. We kiss before we leave the apartment for college.