Chapter 70: LA Trip Day 8

Thursday June 8

I wake up to my alarm and my head barely hurts. I drank literally one drink. Ooh yikes!

I get up and start changing. I wear Nike shorts and a t-shirt. I say "Guys just wear something similar to pajamas and we can have a chill day after the meeting." They all nod and get up. I say "I have Advil for whoever needs it." They all slowly get up and walk over to me. I hand them out and they take them.

We finally leave and I text Scooter Can we bring breakfast to the meeting to eat? My friends were taking forever to get ready.
He texts back Yeah I bet since you all partied. Yes you can bring breakfast.
I text back Haha thanks.

I text Justin Want a croissant? I'm picking up breakfast for my friends & I since otherwise we would be late.
He texts back Nah I'm good, but a coffee would be much appreciated.
I text back Okay!

We drive over and I pick up croissants for us all. I then buy five coffees and we drive to the meeting.

I walk inside and I hand Justin his coffee. He smiles at me and seems really exhausted. His eye is bruised as well. Huh what happened? He seemed fine when I was there and when I left. He kisses me on the cheek and says "Thanks C." I reply "Welcome J." I whisper "Are you okay?" He nods and walks away. Oh gosh what's wrong with him. I walk over to the table and I set our food down. Scooter makes his opening speech and then pulls me aside. He asks to talk to me.

We walk into his sort-of office room. He says "So, explain last night." I ask "What about it?" We didn't do anything last night. Literally all we did was dance and eat dinner. He answers "Anything and everything." I swallow and reply "Well I was originally just going with my friends that were girls, but Justin said he knew some good places to suggest to go to. My friends then wanted to invite Justin and his friends. So we did. Then um... we went out to eat first at a nice restaurant and after that we went to this club. We showed our IDs and we got in. Justin & I drank less than everyone else because we knew we had work today. Um... he dropped me off and I went to bed." He nods and replies "Okay okay. So you had no idea about this fight between Justin and his friends." I shake my head and reply "I had no idea, but I was wondering when I saw his eye." Scooter responds "Well I can't find out what happened because all he told me was that he fought with a friend." I reply "It must have been after I left. So maybe one of his friends said or did something when we left. I really have no idea. Everyone seemed friendly when I was there." He exclaims "Well then I guess we wait for him to talk. I've known Justin forever and I must say something ticked him off enough to avoid everyone. If he needs anything or wants to talk, be there for him." I nod and reply "Okay. I'll let you know if I find out."

We leave the room and I go back to work. I sit down and start my work again.

I get a text from Justin Scooter took you out... are you alright? You didn't lose your job right?
I text back Nope still working here. He wanted to talk about last night. He thought something happened when we were out partying and I assured him nothing happened, right?
He texts back Yeah. Um... Grant is in town. Do you think he'd like to go with me to a basketball game?
I ask Becky about it and she assures me he would love it. I text back Becky thinks he'd love it. Justin, I hope you know you're the best boyfriend anyone could have. I'm so happy and I love you:)
He texts back Love you too.

I then keep working. I notice my friends starting to get their energy back as we work. Lunch is delivered and we all grab our sandwiches. We keep working as we eat lunch. Justin rolls his chair over and asks "What day do you come home?" I answer "Saturday afternoon. My friend's flights are Saturday morning." He nods and replies "Okay I'll be excited. What are you doing after the meeting?" I answer "Relaxing. We might order pizza and watch tv or something chill." He nods and replies "That's nice. I'm meeting my friends again. Alright I'm leaving. Love you." I reply "Love you too." He rolls away and Alexis asks "What happened to his eye?" I shrug and respond "He hasn't told me yet."