Chapter 1: The New Member

15 YEARS AGO

MALHOTRA MANSION MUMBAI

Today all the servants were running around the house with different things. This day was one of the most important, lovable and enjoyable day for the Malhotra's as today they were going to a new member in the house.

The happiest was little Manik who was going to get a brother of his age or around his age. Ragini was praying to God to get a perfect son who will take care of Manik like his own. Neil needed a son who will protect all the members of his family the same way he does.

Ragini was waiting down the stairs for both her husband and son for the past 15 minutes. Now she got fed up of waiting that she applied her trick.

Ragini: both of you come down this instant or else we will cancel the plan of getting a son and get a daughter.

This trick struck the right chord as both of them wanted a boy. Manik wanted a brother who will accompany him for playing all this video games whereas Neil wanted a son who would team up against his wife during certain boy versus girl games. Also he wanted a son so that he would get 2 Bahu's later.

Both father and son ran down the steps without caring about themselves as they didn't want to change their plans at any coat.

Ragini: so both of you came. That means my plan worked this time also.

Manik: no mom, I want a brother not a sister please don't change it.

Nail: hey, don't worry son, even she wants a boy.

Ragini: who told you that? I can arrange to get a tomboy also. If you want, shall I do that?

Both Neil and Manik: no. we want a boy only.

Ragini: fine then let's go.

By now it was afternoon. The Malhotra's entered almost all the orphanage. But none of the boys made them feel the urge to adopt. Finally they was only one place left.

Neil: this is the last orphanage. Please accept one or the other boy. I am tired of searching for the perfect son.

Manik: me too.

Ragini: tum dono bap bete aise bol raheho jaiseki main tired nahi hun. Main bhi tired hoon pur mujhe aisa lag rahahai ki idar se hame zaroor aik accha ladka milega.

Neil: Acha, tum apna sixth sence ka mood bandkaro aur chalo andar. The warden will be waiting for us.

Ragini: aww, so mean.

Manik: bye mom dad. Main jah raha hoon warden uncle ko milne keliye.

Ragini & Neil: Manik rukho.

They ran after him.

IN THE WARDENS OFFICE

Warden: good afternoon Mr. & Mrs. Malhotra and even you my boy. I am Anil Kumar, the warden of this orphanage.

Neil: thankyou Mr. Kumar. It is a pleasure in meeting you.

Anil: well, I hope you get what you want from this orphanage. I am sure you will not go empty handed. Well, which dorm would you like to go to? The boys or the girls?

Neil, Ragini & Manik: The boy's dorm.

Anil: oh, so all of you want a boy, that's really nice. Well, please come. I will show you the dorm.

They move towards the boy's dorm. But when they were about to enter, Anil got a call.

Anil: I am really sorry. Got an important call. Do go ahead. I will be back in a minute or 2.

Neil: sure.

All the 3 enter the boy's dorm.

IN THE BOY'S DORM

When they enter all their attention get caught to a boy sitting in the corner of the room.

PRECAP: WHO IS THE BOY? HOW IS HE HERE? WILL THEY ADOPT HIM? SO, STAY TUNED TO FIND THESE ANSWERS.

EGGS AND TOMATOES ARE WELCOME. DO VOTE AND COMMENT MY FF AND FOLLOW ME.

LOVE GAYATHRI