Chapter 34: The Breakup Song

AT THE PUB

FAB5 and Nandini entered the pub. All of them got seated in the counter. As soon as they got seated, a girl around 16 ran up to Nandini. She cheerfully greeted her.

The girl: Hey, I am Janvi, you must be the great American racer Nandz right?

Nandini (smiled back): yes I am, but how do you know me.

Janvi: I have seen a lot of your racing videos on youtube.

Nandini: ohh.... so what are you doing here.

Janvi (frowned): Who, my best friend Disha broke up with her boyfriend today morning. So to chill her mind, I brought her here but she is still the same, sad...

Nandini jerked smiling at the girl and asked her to take her to Disha. Janvi took her with a confused expression playing on her face. Even Manik followed them to see what was going in Nandini's mind. The rest sat down getting ready to watch the show. Janvi showed the girl to Nandini, who soon tapped the girls shoulder. The girl looked at Nandini gloomily.

Nandini: how can you be so sad when you broke up with a guy? It is one in a million girls who does this intelligent decision. You should be parting at this achievement.

Disha: But I am not feeling the mood to party over it.

Nandini: then it goes for a song, a 'Breakup Song'. (Looks at Manik) And the 2 of us will sing it or you, right Manik?

Manik (looking at Disha): okay... if that will make this pretty girl to smile.

Disha blushes to this statement whereas Nandini goes to the DJ as if she hadn't heard the line.

Nandini: Dj, put this tune.

Dj (smiling): sure.

Manik: Breakup song, breakup song
Karde dil ki feeling strong
Saade char minute long
Breakup song, breakup song

(He mimics the tune words in a baby voice and walk around Disha who was sitting on a chair.)

Manik: Break break breakup song
Break break breakup song

(He now moves towards Nandini who moved towards him in a jolly mood)

Nandini: Angrezi chidiya ki khaatir
Desi dil mera todh diya
Maine chhod diya usse chhod diya
Uski kaali kartooton ne
Uska bhaanda phod diya
Maine chhod diya usse chhod diya

(Nandini starts reciting the lyrics and moves her body in accordance to the tune and Move closer to Manik till they were inches apart.)

Nandini: Dil pe patthar rakh ke
Munh pe makeup kar liya
Oh dil pe patthar rakh ke
Muh pe makeup kar liya

(She then moves back and start singing the song and acting it along. she goes around Manik showing the action and then comes to the disco floor)

Nandini: Mere saiyan ji se aaj
Maine breakup kar liya
Mere saiyyan ji se aaj
Maine breakup kar liya

(She now does the signature step. Manik too joins her and does the signature step. Even the other in the crowd do it along with them.)

Nandini: Subah savere uth ke maine
Yeh sab kar liya
Mere saiyyan ji se aaj
Maine breakUp kar liya