Chapter 24: Stars Can't Shine Without Darkness

NANDINI'S ROOM

The room entirely dark and at one of the corner was where she was sitting. She crumble herself in such a way that her knee's reached her shoulder with her had wrapping around it. She had stopped crying in front of people since the time she was really small. But pain was one of the only feeling that she always carried along with her.

She was never scared of darkness. Maybe because she loved it or she was always pushed into it by many people. Manik enters the room and see the same darkness prevailing him.

He was always sacred of darkness, so with great difficulty, he went and switched on the lights. Nandini started winking her eyes so as to get adjusted to the light. She was soon glaring at him.

Manik just acted as if nothing had happened and went towards her and pulled her with one hand and dragged her towards the balcony. He soon sat down on the floor and pulled her down and made her sit beside him.

Nandini (angrily): you bloody moron .......

Manik: yaar, tumhara bestfriend gussa hai yah boyfriend? Kyunki tum toh hamesha uske saath bohut chipku hote ho.

Nandini: ohhhh what?

Manik: what kya? Tumhara gussa sar e upar hamesha hota hai. Anyways leave that, I don't want to talk about such useless things.

Nandini: then on what?

Manik: look at the sky they look so beautiful right?

Nandini: what's so great about it? It is completely dark.

Manik: but because of that darkness only, the stars are able to shine. Our past memories might be dark but when you put good memories into it, it shines better than the darkness. You know what, my mom used to tell me that our loved that are no more are always with us.

Nandini: how is that possible? They are dead.

Manik: no they aren't. They are present in the sky in the form of stars. They are always watching you from the top. And you know who got them turned to stars in order to watch us?

Nandini: who?

Manik: god.

Nandini: phirse bhagwaan. Tumhe sukoon nahi milkta kya uske naam na lete hue.

Manik: it's not like that. It is always good to have a hope on god than having on any other person as they will always protect you even if they have hurt you at times. I know you don't like it but just for once try it. It might change your perspective.

Nandini: okay but only once. Any you can keep it in the corner of the drawing room.

Manik (smiles): thank you so much Nandini. I promise you that you would be happy when we will get it here.

And with this Manik kisses her cheek while Nandini was utterly shocked. He soon stood and went to his room.

Nandini (smirks): wait and watch Mr. Malhotra, you pay for this kiss. I will make sure you will die by seeing me tomorrow.

With this Nandini slept whereas after telling his family everything, except for the kiss, Manik slept peacefully with his bro thinking about the Fresher's Day next day.

NEXT DAY, FRESHER'S DAY

Today Nandini had left after eating breakfast on her own as had to get someone literally head over heels for her. After spending some time with their family, both Manik and Cabir left the mansion and made their way for space academy.

SPACE ACADEMY

FAB5 had entered the auditorium of Space with a bang.

MUKTHI'S DRESS